Medical Before Submitting EOI?

lukescotty

hi all, just want to find our roughly how much does the medicals cost? and being in the UK do we need to do an English test :unsure:

Hi Renebo

Our medicals cost £290 each... It depends on whether you need to claim points on your English ability. If you have a UK passport and don't need the points, then there isn't really a need to do the tests. However, having 'superior' English skills means that you can claim 20 points - which can make a big difference!

Hi Lorna,

I was wondering if you could help me! I am getting a bit confused about lodging the 189 visa. We are currently waiting for our EOI to come back but I'd like to organise the health checks asap and also start uploading documents. Where do you process the visa application and start uploading the documents? Is it through SkillSelect or ImmiAccount? We have tight time line so would like to be as organised as I can be! Thanks in advance!

hannah

Hi Hannah

You can do your medicals before submitting the visa application - we did. To do this, you have to register with eMedical (http://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa/Heal/meeting-the-health-requirement/arranging-a-health-examination) to get a HAP ID, which you need to give to the hospital/doctors that do the medical tests. You will need this number to book an appointment - they then load your results direct to your Australian immigration account.

You will however, have to wait for your visa invitation before you can start uploading documents in support of your application, which will be done on your ImmiAccount.

Good luck with everything!

I'm considering doing this as soon as I'm given an invite but before I actually apply. The reason being, incase there's any issues, I don't want to waste $5400 and get rejected. I don't antipate any problems, but to wait an extra week or so to apply to prevent any major loss seems like a good idea to me.

I'm looking at the website of a local panel doctor and it says that to do a medical I need

• Bring the Referral Letter which has TRN # and HAP#

What's a TRN number?

• 1 month later...

Hi Browen, thanks for that info and could you tell me if kids are included in the medicals?

Hi Renebo

Our medicals cost £290 each... It depends on whether you need to claim points on your English ability. If you have a UK passport and don't need the points, then there isn't really a need to do the tests. However, having 'superior' English skills means that you can claim 20 points - which can make a big difference!

Thanks Lorna, Are kids included in the medicals?

Hi Lorna,

I was wondering if you could help me! I am getting a bit confused about lodging the 189 visa. We are currently waiting for our EOI to come back but I'd like to organise the health checks asap and also start uploading documents. Where do you process the visa application and start uploading the documents? Is it through SkillSelect or ImmiAccount? We have tight time line so would like to be as organised as I can be! Thanks in advance!

hannah