2 Visa classes 457 (temporary) & 190 (permanent)

Nigelsmith

Hi everyone

I am looking for information relating to the time between date of visa issue and the time by which it must be validated. Hope someone can help.

Thanks

Nigel

The validation date is 1 year from the earlier of;

1. the date of your police clearance certificate or

2. the date of medical examination.

457 visas don't have validation dates the same way other visas do (at least from the last grant notice I saw). Since it's a requirement that you not cease to be employed by the nominating employer for more than 90 days, I suppose you may be required to start your job within 90 days of the visa being granted, but that's an assumption.

The 190 visa will have a Must Enter By date, which is typically when the health/police checks expire (12 months after you've completed them).

Thanks everyone.

Probably take the 190 route as time frame is much better which allows me to plan the entire move.

Well it is a much better visa too. Also unless you have a job and sponsor lined up or can transfer with your current company or something, i wouldn't presume that the 457 is even an option.

None really. There is a moral obligation to live in the sponsoring state, but it is not a legal obligation.

The big issues you will face is ensuring you get the application in before your 50th birthday - not just the EOI. Then finding a job. There are a lot of unemployed accountants in Oz

None really. There is a moral obligation to live in the sponsoring state, but it is not a legal obligation.

The big issues you will face is ensuring you get the application in before your 50th birthday - not just the EOI. Then finding a job. There are a lot of unemployed accountants in Oz

Well the EOI should take 3 -6 months and thereafter do the application.

Maybe change of career once I am in Perth.

Do you whether cost of living in Perth is very expensive compared to other cities?

Archived