Where to start ?

njchamp

Hi everyone ,its my first time on this forum and im looking for some help , my husband and myself have decided we are going to TRY and take the leap and move to Oz but the 1st hurdle is going to be my husbands job . He was trained to be a carpenter by a carpenter and has been doing this for 10 plus years (he is excellent )but has no actual qualifications .I have read a bit about the TRA? ? And was wondering if you guys could help point us in the right direction , does he have to sort this out before a visa ? Is it done whilst applying ?does any one know what it involve s? ,your feedback would be great ,we already have family living out there will this help in anyway? (it's nephew and family )so not parents or anyone immediate x

Yes you will need to get skills assessed, through TRA or whomever is the designated skills assessor. Have you been to their website and had a look? You can get some useful tips from a forum, but I really don't think it can guided you through the process, so if you are stumped, I would have to recommend that you engage a migrationa agent to walk you through the process.

Thank you ...I can't seem to find anyone to chat with that's actually had to have an assessment, the TRA site is good but don't really know what they are expecting from some one who has NO legal qualifications on paper as it still says about providing that kind of document ...I can feel our dreams being pulled out from under us 

Thank you ...I can't seem to find anyone to chat with that's actually had to have an assessment, the TRA site is good but don't really know what they are expecting from some one who has NO legal qualifications on paper as it still says about providing that kind of document ...I can feel our dreams being pulled out from under us 

Not necessarily. Experience can substitute for qualifications. A Bungo says, I would speak to a good migration agent such as Go Matilda

This problem can be overcome. May I suggest you consult a registered migration agent for an assessment?

Thank you i have messaged an agent .also I currently work as a maternity care assistant for the nhs ,(im currently doing an nvq level 3 ) would I be able to get a job along the same lines in Australia ,do they have them ?

Hi everyone ,its my first time on this forum and im looking for some help , my husband and myself have decided we are going to TRY and take the leap and move to Oz but the 1st hurdle is going to be my husbands job . He was trained to be a carpenter by a carpenter and has been doing this for 10 plus years (he is excellent )but has no actual qualifications .I have read a bit about the TRA? ? And was wondering if you guys could help point us in the right direction , does he have to sort this out before a visa ? Is it done whilst applying ?does any one know what it involve s? ,your feedback would be great ,we already have family living out there will this help in anyway? (it's nephew and family )so not parents or anyone immediate x

if you have money to burn, go to a migration agent or just continue the research yourself, their is plenty of information on here and the government websites

http://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Work/Work

cant help with the TRA but the EOI and visa application is simple enough, to do your self.

if you have money to burn, go to a migration agent or just continue the research yourself, their is plenty of information on here and the government websites

http://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Work/Work

cant help with the TRA but the EOI and visa application is simple enough, to do your self.

In this case it is not a wise idea. In basic cases it is fine to do a visa yourself. But if there is a complication, professional advice must be sought. For example, did you know there are literally HUNDREDS of new regulations introduced per year on this. Outside the professional sites used by RMA's and legal people there is no chance of even learning what they are.

Thank you i have messaged an agent .also I currently work as a maternity care assistant for the nhs ,(im currently doing an nvq level 3 ) would I be able to get a job along the same lines in Australia ,do they have them ?

WRUSSEL who has posted above would be an excellent choice as an agent to speak to.

http://www.downundercentre.com/australian-skill-assessments

I recommend a chat with Wes from the Down Under Centre in London. T 020 3376 1555.

Feel able to say that Alan from Go Matilda Visas suggested you call him.

Best regards.

Archived