Visa help please!

DeeUK

Hello,

I have just been offered a job in Melbourne but I find the visa situation a little confusing. Here's the situation:

I will initially be employed by them in the UK but come over to Australia to see of I like the company,the job,people and country. If I do then they'll sort a sponsorship out for me. I will be paid in my UK bank account for these 6 months as well. Any visa advice would be much appreciated :) Thanks in advance! Dee:smile:

You would need a 457 visa - an expensive way to go for only 6 months, but there is nothing stopping them asking for a 4 year 457 which would allow you to do the 6 months and also take the job if you chose to.

If you are under 31 you may be eligible to do it on a working holiday visa.

Whether or not you're paid in the UK doesn't matter, you still need a visa that allows you to work. Best option si 457, second best is working holiday (I say second best because it's always a good idea to keep the WHV in the bag for a rainy day).

Thanks so far! I'd be based in Australia but employed and paid in the UK for those 6 months...Yes, I'm 27

Well this is not possible. If you are in Australia, you are employed in Australia and will need a visa to work. You also would need Australian PAYG administered (Australian tax deducted at source that is).

Archived