Medicals

Kirstyj

Hi guys we have sent our expression of interest off July 2015, police checks in place, my migration company has told me we can't have our medicals until we are invited to apply for our visa, can anyone tell me if this is true thank you x

Hi guys we have sent our expression of interest off July 2015, police checks in place, my migration company has told me we can't have our medicals until we are invited to apply for our visa, can anyone tell me if this is true thank you x

It isn't true and you can do medicals beforehand but it is most definitely not recommended as the medicals only last for a year and you limit your first entry date to one year from the date of the medical (or PCC, whichever is earlier).

Hi Kirsty,

I could be wrong (and probably am, as the lovely people on here are much more experienced with this stuff than me!) but you mentioned in your initial post that your police checks are in place. This means that you have already fixed your validation date, unless you apply for another one further down the line? Good luck with it all.

Hi Kirsty,

I could be wrong (and probably am, as the lovely people on here are much more experienced with this stuff than me!) but you mentioned in your initial post that your police checks are in place. This means that you have already fixed your validation date, unless you apply for another one further down the line? Good luck with it all.

Yes that's right, I didn't notice that in the OP. Well spotted

It gets very confusing, we are going for the 189 visa, expression of interest in place and the migration company told us to apply for our police checks so as not to hold up the process plus I lived in Spain for 7 years previously so have to have a Spanish one too, and we don't know how long that will take, we have been told that once we have paid our visa and had mecicals it should only take two months to get our visa ???????

Oh wow!! :) have you seen any areas you might be interested in? Family are north of Perth so been looking around Quinns Rock/Butler area but will decide when we get there. Will keep in touch and let you know if we hear anything xx

Archived