Should I ship American Fridge/Freezer???

ShellyPlatt

Hi

I am hoping to move out to Perth late January 2016 and was wondering whether to transport my fridge/freezer? I do not own enough stuff to warrant paying £4000 for a container, is it possible to just ship my fridge/freezer and does anyone have any idea how much this may cost? It is only a few months old and I need to work out if it is worth shipping or not.

I live in Manchester and may also ship a few boxes of photo's etc..

Anybody recommend a removal company?

Thanks in advance!

I wouldn't ship a single fridge freezer. I think they are one of those things that don't travel always well plus you are going to need one whilst waiting for it anyway. Now generally, I say ship everything, but in this case, I would say sell it!

Hi Shelley, if you're not shipping a whole lot of other stuff as well, I agree with Bungo that it's probably not worth it. You can buy those style of fridges here too. Maybe have a look at this site http://www.appliancesonline.com.au to see if there's something similar on there, as that will give you an idea of price to replace it. Unless it's a particularly special fridge that you're very attached too, I think you'll find it will cost almost as much to ship it as to replace it. We bought one in Oz when we lived here before and shipped it to NZ (along with a whole container of stuff) and it was never quite the same after that.

You can get very good deals on second hand fridge freezers on gumtree - often from people who have kitted out their home for a year in Australia and then sell when they return to UK. Definitely wouldn't bother with the cost of shipping particularly given risk of damage during transit.

Archived