Driving Test In Melbourne

Hi,

Is it true you have to apply for Oz Driving Licence 3 months after you arrive in Melbourne? And also does anyone know if you have to do just a theory test or do you do both theory and practical. If its the latter I am really scared!!!!!!!!!!:cry:

Guest Jaynie

Here in NSW, you just take in your UK one and they take a photo, you take a basic eye test and they issue one for you. (Not like when we arrived here, we had to do the theory and the proper test)

Somebody from VIC will no doubt tell you if this is not the case down there, but good luck in your new journey in life.

Guest AndrewL
Hi,

Is it true you have to apply for Oz Driving Licence 3 months after you arrive in Melbourne? And also does anyone know if you have to do just a theory test or do you do both theory and practical. If its the latter I am really scared!!!!!!!!!!:cry:

Hi, if you're on a temp rs visa, you can stay on your UK licence. If PR, you have 6 months from becoming PR to get a Victorian licence. They swap it over for you and punch a hole on your UK licence to invalidate it! I'm sure you could still use it at home though, or at least just say you lost it and get another one!!

Cheers,

Andrew

Hi, if you're on a temp rs visa, you can stay on your UK licence. If PR, you have 6 months from becoming PR to get a Victorian licence. They swap it over for you and punch a hole on your UK licence to invalidate it! I'm sure you could still use it at home though, or at least just say you lost it and get another one!!

Cheers,

Andrew

hi just quick note i had to hand in my oz licence when coming over to the uk, when i went on hols to oz went in to vic roads and got my oz one back its hard work getting it in the first place and didn't want to loose it.

Archived