Skill Assessment Outcome says Education Relevant to AQF Diploma-point score???? HELP

strikker

Hello Every one.

I got skill assessment positive by TRA for category 312412 electronic engineering technician. the requirement for this category is AQF level 3.[ or Diploma.

My education is Master of science in Applied Physics with major in Electronics. total 16 years of Education. I submitted every thing and finally get positive skill assessment.

in my outcome letter it is mentioned

"Your Master of Science in Applied Physics (Electronics) qualification was assessed for the purposes of a Migration Skills Assessment as comparable to at least an AQF Diploma relevant to your nominated occupation"

What does this mean? have they accepted my MSc qualification and will award 15 point in skill select or they have considering my education as AQF diploma and will award 10 points of education to me in skill select EOI.

I am much confused. i am targeting SS190 for SA. if i got 15 points of education then total will be 60 points and if they award me 10 points of education then my total will be 55 and will be refused.

I am much tensed. Please read my situation and comment. Specifically if some one has same issue.

Regards,

khalid

Well I would read it as equivalent to a diploma, so ten points. Do you have a bachelor degree as well? I have heard that you cannot get recognition for a masters unless it is underpinned by a first degree.

Obviously, one can not do master without doing bachelors. I have done two years bachelors degree in physics and the two years master of science degree in applied physics. total 16 years for education.

i dont know how they are accessing the applicant credentials. just ruining the education and work exp.

Obviously, one can not do master without doing bachelors. I have done two years bachelors degree in physics and the two years master of science degree in applied physics. total 16 years for education.

i dont know how they are accessing the applicant credentials. just ruining the education and work exp.

It isn't obvious at all. I will leave you to it though.

Hello every one, thanks for your reply and suggestions.

I emailed this situation to program office who send my outcome letter (TRA inquiries) and SA immigration inquiries. below is the response i got from them. it sounds that i will got 15 points of bachelors. Please read.

This reply is from TRA program officer:

Dear Khalid Shamim,

Thank you for your enquiry regarding your successful TRA Migration Skills Assessment application.

TRA states that your qualification was comparable to at least an AQF Diploma as this is the level of the relevant AQF qualification for your nominated occupation. The relevant AQF qualification for the occupation of Electronic Engineering Technician is the Diploma of Electronics and Communications Engineering [uEE50511].

Please direct any enquiries about the awarding of points to the Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP). TRA does not award points.

The TRA Migration Points Advice (MPA) service is available if you have a successful skills assessment and you are seeking to apply to the Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP) for a points tested visa in a skilled occupation assessed by TRA. TRA provides advice to the DIBP on the comparability of your qualifications and employment experience to the relevant Australian standards for your nominated occupation. The final awarding of points is at the discretion of the DIBP. It should be noted that you are required to hold a successful skills assessment before applying for Migration Points Advice.

You should check with DIBP to confirm that you require points advice before lodging a MPA application with TRA.

For more information on the TRA Migration Points Advice Service, please use this link: TRA Migration Points Advice

Regards,

Darren

Program Officer

Trades Recognition Australia

Skills Engagement Branch

Skills Policy Division

Department of Education and Training

GPO Box 3022, Canberra ACT 2601

Ph: 61-2- 6240 8778 (within Australia)

Ph: 1300 360 992 (outside Australia)

Internet: http://www.tradesrecognitionaustralia.gov.au

ABN 74 599 608 295

• 2 years later...

hiiiiii, i have a similar case

as i have bachelor degree and i work as a technician , so i want to seek assessment with TRA

but i am afraid that they may consider my degree as not in the same level with my occupation so i may get negative outcome

if any one had any experience of a similar case , please help me  

On 04/08/2015 at 19:55, strikker said:

Hello Every one.

I got skill assessment positive by TRA for category 312412 electronic engineering technician. the requirement for this category is AQF level 3.[ or Diploma.

My education is Master of science in Applied Physics with major in Electronics. total 16 years of Education. I submitted every thing and finally get positive skill assessment.

in my outcome letter it is mentioned

"Your Master of Science in Applied Physics (Electronics) qualification was assessed for the purposes of a Migration Skills Assessment as comparable to at least an AQF Diploma relevant to your nominated occupation"

What does this mean? have they accepted my MSc qualification and will award 15 point in skill select or they have considering my education as AQF diploma and will award 10 points of education to me in skill select EOI.

I am much confused. i am targeting SS190 for SA. if i got 15 points of education then total will be 60 points and if they award me 10 points of education then my total will be 55 and will be refused.

I am much tensed. Please read my situation and comment. Specifically if some one has same issue.

TRA will only assess whether your qualification is at the level required for the occupation you are being assessed against (in this case a Diploma). They are not going to assess what your qualification level is equivalent to for points purposes.

Any qualificaion in any discipline assessed as comparable to an Australian degree is worth 15 points.

Unless you cut your MSc from a Corn Flakes packet, or it was conferred by a degree mill, you should be awarded 15 points.

It all depends on the standing of the conferring institution, which was??

Archived