Moving back to the Uk

Grapefarmer

Has any one moved back to Uk recently from Perth area?

I have a lot of "stuff" and need a 2 40ft and 1 20ft container and been quoted by two companies,one around $36,000 and the other $47,000 OUCH!!!!!

One 40ft is for household stuff, 1 for 2 cars and the 20ft for tools etc.

Any one got any comments

Thanks

Holy crap, I can't help with quotes but wow. Can I ask what the cars are ? A 20 foot should be in the region of $5000, no more. Have you thought about roll on roll off for the cars ?

A 20 foot would be about $8-10k, not a chance of $5k! We moved back in January and had four quotes and they were all in this range.

So if it were even $10k for the 20ft that means $13k for each of the 40ft with one company (seems expensive considering one just has two cars in it, but not ridiculous) and $18.5k each with the other company (which seems excessive).

A 20 foot would be about $8-10k, not a chance of $5k! We moved back in January and had four quotes and they were all in this range.

So if it were even $10k for the 20ft that means $13k for each of the 40ft with one company (seems expensive considering one just has two cars in it, but not ridiculous) and $18.5k each with the other company (which seems excessive).

Wow, admittedly we went from Brisbane but we paid less than $5k for our 20 footer.

Thanks

Cars are 2 Rolls Royce and I need them to be in a container and not RORO

Yeah fair enough they would want to be in a container really. You would probably (definitely) be better off buying 2 more over here though unless you had a real emotional attachment. I took British bikes back so I cant say too much lol

Wow, admittedly we went from Brisbane but we paid less than $5k for our 20 footer.

I know it was a few years ago when you moved back, but that is quite an increase? Did you self pack? I would bet my house that nobody could get a 20ft container for $5k now.

I know it was a few years ago when you moved back, but that is quite an increase? Did you self pack? I would bet my house that nobody could get a 20ft container for $5k now.

It was only 3 years ago now. Yes we always self pack, it's easy and not worth paying someone else to do. I also did the customs clearance at this end, it was very easy and they are very helpful. If you get someone else to do everything you wouldn't get close to the 5k.

We have recently had quotes for Perth back to the UK in a 20ft container. The best quote we have received is just over $8000.

Has anyone else recently had a quote from Perth to UK. Was it around that figure ? If is was less would you mind letting me know which company.

Thanks

EG

It was only 3 years ago now. Yes we always self pack, it's easy and not worth paying someone else to do. I also did the customs clearance at this end, it was very easy and they are very helpful. If you get someone else to do everything you wouldn't get close to the 5k.

That would be the difference then. The $8-10k I mentioned was with full packing and unpacking service.

We have recently had quotes for Perth back to the UK in a 20ft container. The best quote we have received is just over $8000.

Has anyone else recently had a quote from Perth to UK. Was it around that figure ? If is was less would you mind letting me know which company.

Sounds about right to me. Our cheapest was $8k exactly and then the others went up to $9,600. This was from Sydney but I really do not think that it would make much difference overall.

That would be the difference then. The $8-10k I mentioned was with full packing and unpacking service.

Sounds about right to me. Our cheapest was $8k exactly and then the others went up to $9,600. This was from Sydney but I really do not think that it would make much difference overall.

I just can't imagine paying 1000s for someone else to do it but that is just me. For others to let others do it then it is probably money well spent.

• 1 month later...
Has any one moved back to Uk recently from Perth area?

I have a lot of "stuff" and need a 2 40ft and 1 20ft container and been quoted by two companies,one around $36,000 and the other $47,000 OUCH!!!!!

One 40ft is for household stuff, 1 for 2 cars and the 20ft for tools etc.

Any one got any comments

Thanks

Hi, did you manage to sort out a quote for this? If not give Fremantle Customs Brokers a call and speak to Les. He quoted us a 20ft container Perth, WA to Grangemouth Scotland at just under $4,000. We pack it ourselves and just need to organise a customs broker in Scotland to receive it then get some guys to unload it and deliver to our house.

Hi, did you manage to sort out a quote for this? If not give Fremantle Customs Brokers a call and speak to Les. He quoted us a 20ft container Perth, WA to Grangemouth Scotland at just under $4,000. We pack it ourselves and just need to organise a customs broker in Scotland to receive it then get some guys to unload it and deliver to our house.

Yep, exactly what we did and saved a fortune. I didn't even pay for a broker this end, I did the paperwork myself and Customs were very helpful.

My friend goes back in 4 weeks pick fords 28 foot is 9200 dollars ! They said they busy with people going back ! But that's who's shipping me mates ! Insurance is extra $800 extra I think she said !

Hi Shelly

I think your friend ment 28cubic metres, which is a 20ft container. I have just spoken to Chess and without packaging I am looking at around 9000. I will be calling Pickfords in a bit. Thanks for the advice though

Archived