It's a 'crime' to use 'winter' and 'Sydney' in the same sentence! Five weeks till spring too!

MARYROSE02

It's a 'crime' to use 'winter' and 'Sydney' in the same sentence!

Errr - WHAT!

Are you insane!?

Oh thick-skinned-one :laugh:

Speak for yourself!!

The last time I was this cold was London 1990.

This is the coldest winter I have ever experienced in Australia.

Yeah OK - well better than a average UK winter I agree...........but still!

Roll on summer

Errr - WHAT!

Are you insane!?

Oh thick-skinned-one [emoji23]

Speak for yourself!!

The last time I was this cold was London 1990.

This is the coldest winter I have ever experienced in Australia.

Yeah OK - well better than a average UK winter I agree...........but still!

Roll on summer

I'm swimming almost every day!

And yet it was 21 degrees on Saturday

Well yes. Saturday was the first day my bare arms had been seen in public for months. However, in the weeks prior to Saturday 25th July - it REALLY has been cold enough to freeze the balls off a brass monkey.

This past winter in Sydney I have relied heavily on thermal under clothes (thermal long-johns and thermal vest) and daily wore my thermal hat and thermal socks (inside my thermal boots) - electric blanket on every night. Roaring log fire and gas heater on at same time.

The "arctic freeze" we had a few weeks ago affected me badly. I got snowed in at one point during an overnight trip to the Southern Highlands.

And minus -6 in Canberra one night and I thought I was back in Blighty for a moment. :smile:Coldest winter I have ever experienced in Sydney.

I live in a big surfing culture area and even the long time surfers were saying it was too cold to go out most mornings.

I'm in Surry Hills and despite the early morning cold, it is not cold enough in my flat to put my fire on though I live my hot water bottle in bed.

Those mornings can be killers I know but unlike Britain, the temp reaches summer levels by midday, hence the tradies who wear shorts year round and why the beaches are so popular even in winter.

hence the tradies who wear shorts year round

I just thought they were a sandwich short of a picnic!

why the beaches are so popular even in winter.

I live in a beach suburb and walk on the beach to exercise. There are surfers wearing full length wetsuits out most days. But honestly not many people doing other beachy things currently. It is great. I get to exercise without the hoards.

I just thought they were a sandwich short of a picnic!

I live in a beach suburb and walk on the beach to exercise. There are surfers wearing full length wetsuits out most days. But honestly not many people doing other beachy things currently. It is great. I get to exercise without the hoards.

Maybe you use a different beach? Ask the Sydney beaches are crowded on nice days especially weekends. Not so many people swimming though it is not uncommon plus the usual hordes using the coastal path for jogging or walking.

Maybe you use a different beach.

Yes well I totally avoid Bondi Beach. Always crowded. Even if it was snowing there - people would still be trying to sunbath I reckon :laugh:

I walked the length of Palm Beach one cold day recently. There was only about 3 other people on the entire beach. 2 were sensibly rugged up. The other was a blue tinged man with shriveled nipples, bravely paddling, before deciding it was just a tad too cold.

Breed them tough south of the bridge........

Archived