Nostalgic TV Adverts

Stuju

There are thousands of uk tv ads on youtube. Some of these go back to the 1950's. I've probably watched most of them , but the only one i can't get is the Jaffa cakes 'full moon' ad. There are lots of copycats on youtube but not the original.

Can anybody help?:unsure:

Guest mandy1

Hi all

Does anyone remember the 'finger of fudge' ad and song? I can still sing it all the way through even after all these years-god is that sad or what? Also the milky bar kid ad and song!

Also does anyone here remember spangles (hard boiled square sweer) 'cause oh swears I'm making them up!

mandy x

Guest Guest9973
Hi all

Does anyone remember the 'finger of fudge' ad and song? I can still sing it all the way through even after all these years-god is that sad or what? Also the milky bar kid ad and song!

Also does anyone here remember spangles (hard boiled square sweer) 'cause oh swears I'm making them up!

mandy x

I remeber that catchy tune.

Also............"If you like a lot of chocolate on your biscuit - join our Club"

Don't forget the Penguins !! P.P.Pick up a penguin

and that woman doing the silly dance to "Shake & Vac"

and everyones a "fruit & nut case" crazy for those cadburys nuts & rasins !!!!!

Guest mandy1

Hi all

Going back quite a way now but what about the PG Tips Chimps? Who can forget the one where the 2 chimps were trying to move the piano down the stairs! Those chimps came from Twycross Zoo in Leicestershire apparently . I've spent many a happy hour with my kids there!

Mandy x

What was that advert that had a man holding up card with "song lyrics" on it where all the words were wrong, to the tune of Desmond Dekker's "Israelites"? "sold out to every monk and beefhead..."

"..darling cheesehead I was miles too greasy.."

I think it was for cassette tapes or something? :nah:

Mrs Tyke xx

Guest julie2g1b

hi all

i loved the hamlet ad where the guy was having his photo taken

always falling of the chair................plus "r white's lemonade im a secret lemonade drinker r white's r white's"

"CHARLIE SAY'S" can anyone remember the stranger danger one

julie :wubclub:

Guest cantwait

Do you remember the Cadbury Smash adverts with the little Aliens who were falling about laughing at us earthlings eating potatoes?

:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

Do you remember the Cadbury Smash adverts with the little Aliens who were falling about laughing at us earthlings eating potatoes?

:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:/quote]

Yes, i put 2 links for the smash advert on the start of this thread enjoy :smile:

Guest RooRoo
What was that advert that had a man holding up card with "song lyrics" on it where all the words were wrong, to the tune of Desmond Dekker's "Israelites"? "sold out to every monk and beefhead..."

"..darling cheesehead I was miles too greasy.."

I think it was for cassette tapes or something? :nah:

Mrs Tyke xx

I remember that it was also used for the Vitalite advert (sunflower spread)

What am I gonna spread on my bread.....

Ooooooooooh oooooooh vitalite

Guest Rbecca

We were always running out of milk in our house so the 'Watch out! Watch Out! There's a Humphrey about!' advert was always a favourite.

And what about the 'Dont dazzle . . .dip your headlights' or was it 'Dip . . . don't dazzle your headlights.' There are still arguements at our family get togethers about the right one.

Guest cantwait

:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:/quote]

Yes, i put 2 links for the smash advert on the start of this thread enjoy :smile:

Sorry Gizmo - I never spotted them

Guest gemmahey

Wat about Michael Barrymore (Sorry if distasteful but loved the ad)

For cadburys chocalate fingers

Fingerafingerafingerafing........

?????

Archived