Requesting Medical HAP ID before Invite ??

Pommie

Hi guys

I am looking for any advice or people's experience on requesting an HAP ID prior to receiving a visa invite so as to organise medical checks.

I expect to get an invite in the August round, however I have a few weeks of travel planned shortly afterwards, so ideally I would like to book my medicals in for August 8th.

I presume I need my HAP ID in order to make an appointment ?

I am looking to try and get everything loaded as soon as an invite comes through (August round, he prays) and I see you can request an Immi account and HAP ID prior to applying for a visa...

I am concerned this complicates the process - but would love to be wrong...

Any feedback welcome...

Thanks

We did this..also got police checks etc ready...so was able to front load all documents as soon as i got invite..and got 189 visa granted in four weeks :) (no one ever believes that but it's true!) doesn't complicate things. .was all very straight forward n easy

We did this..also got police checks etc ready...so was able to front load all documents as soon as i got invite..and got 189 visa granted in four weeks :) (no one ever believes that but it's true!) doesn't complicate things. .was all very straight forward n easy

Thanks Lorna - I take it you just went through the immi web site ?

The only downside is the validity. After grant You will need to enter Australia within 12 months of the date of medical or PCC whichever is first. So if for some reason processing takes a long time ( especially for high risk countries ) yo may need to redo them.

The only downside is the validity. After grant You will need to enter Australia within 12 months of the date of medical or PCC whichever is first. So if for some reason processing takes a long time ( especially for high risk countries ) yo may need to redo them.

Do you need to enter Australia permanently or just to activate your VISA ? I am planning to go there at xmas for a holiday, so I should be able to activate the visa at this time so long as I get a grant by then.

• 7 months later...

Hi rammygirl,

I posted in a different thread about the entering Australia for the first time after a visa is granted and if all dependants/ spouse on my visa have to be present at the same time - and response was that they didn't.

Have you got a different experience or knowledge into this please? Last thing I want to happen is arrive on my own and be refused entry as not all those listed on my visa are present!

Many thanks

You can enter at different times as long as it is before the validation date. There is an exception to this. Sometimes the visa grant will have a condition attached that the main applicant must enter first. It will be clear if this is the case and then the main applicant should clear customs before others.

No way of knowing if the condition will be applied or not, it is rare on skilled independent visas these days but not unheard of.

Agree with rammygirl. Everyone has to validate, not just the applicant. You can do this together or apart, so long as its within the validation timeframe. That is everyone has to do that.

The instance where the visa grant states main applicant to enter first. Others after to validate.

Thank you rammygirl and snifter for your responses.

I hope to validate the visa and complete the first visit as a holiday with both people listed on the application.

After that I take it both people listed on the visa can enter Australia as they choose and separately if required.

With regards to having validated the visa on a first visit, do you know how long the 190 visa lasts for please? I’ve seen that it can be valid for up to 5 years so theoretically I could enter 3 years later after the initial holiday, but then I would only have 2 valid years left to work?

The 190 is a PR visa, so it lasts indefinitely. It's only the entry rights that expire after 5 years. As long as you're already in Australia by that date, you can remain permanently. But if you want to be able to travel (and re-enter), you need to either get a Resident Return Visa or become a citizen.

Archived