Melbourne house prices predicted to fall 9% according to The Age

Petkula73

Its funny isn't it because only the other day we read that analysis said home values weren't over valued at all.

Someone will be right someday i suppose.

It's one of the undeniable truths of the property market that house prices never go down, given enough time. So, yes there might be a slowing down and an apparent fall in prices, but have a look in 5 or 10 years and today's prices will look like a bargain. I lose count of how many times someone has told me the housing bubble is just about to burst. Never does.

It's one of the undeniable truths of the property market that house prices never go down, given enough time. So, yes there might be a slowing down and an apparent fall in prices, but have a look in 5 or 10 years and today's prices will look like a bargain. I lose count of how many times someone has told me the housing bubble is just about to burst. Never does.

Although one of the comments there points out that after rising steadily for 50 years Japanese house prices collapsed in 1990 and are now still worth less than half of what they were 25 years ago. Australia's had the rising prices for many decades....

You might want to tell that to people in Perth where prices have been falling for months. The guy I bought my block of land from had paid about $650k. I paid him $250k.

Apartments near me were sold off plan at close to a million. You can get one now for half that.

Housing prices can decline at times. It won't go up in a straight line.

I think a fall will happen at some point but not until interest rates go up a few percent and/or unemployment rises to about 8%

I agree that unemployment will be the big driver - plus when Chinese investors realise that substantial capital increases are an illusion.

Archived