No address in Brisbane for shipping company

Wales1

Our container is going the end of July but we haven't yet booked flights or accommodation in Brisbane. Has anyone else been in the same situation. I need to give the shipping company AN address but don't have one. What address did other people give as we don't have friends or relatives or any temporary accommodation booked yet.

Our container is going the end of July but we haven't yet booked flights or accommodation in Brisbane. Has anyone else been in the same situation. I need to give the shipping company AN address but don't have one. .

Did you ask the shipping company? This is a very common situation and if they don't have a way of dealing with it, I'd be wondering how experienced they are! Just tell them you are migrating and don't have an address of any kind in Oz, and see what they say.

Thank you all. I will give the shipping company a ring as we're not 100% sure when we'll be able to fly out yet hence can't book any temporary accommodation.

Don't have jobs to go to and they need an actual address not a postal address

• 2 weeks later...

We're in a similar situation to you. The address they ask for is for where the stuff is to be delivered to in Brisbane. We have got around it by booking a self storage unit (which I'm guessing you'll need to do anyway), our stuff is going to be collected from customs by a delivery guy who will take it to the storage unit & unload into the unit the 10 or so boxes that we have got.

It was easy enough to sort it all out through a couple of emails so I'd recommend doing the same.

Archived