actual points downgraded and barrier points upgraded for 189

patins

Hi all,

I got a letter from my case officer that I actually only have 60 points instead 65 as claimed in my expression of interest,

as they don't acknowledge full 3 years of Australian work (but a few months less..), now they want me to either

insist on having 65 points or agree to have only 60 points, within a 28 days response limit...

Now, their old homepage stated that software engineers need 65 points as new condition.

But on their new homepage (http://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Work/Skil) , programmers cannot be invited anymore "until next financial year".

So this raises a few questions for me:

1) As I have been "mistakenly" invited, what does it mean if I agree to be put back to 60 points, regarding the barrier they put on programmers that have not been there to the point of time when I got invited?

2) If I insist on having 65 points (I really don't know why they don't recognise my full 3 years here), does it have a prospect on success at all / are they open minded for reconsideration and arguments?

3) I hope "until next financial year" refers to this financial year, July 2015, so this information is not up-to-date?

4) Should I wait until the end of the response period (28 days) to see if they lower the barrier for programmers? Does is help?

Thanks for any advise!

Hi all,

I got a letter from my case officer that I actually only have 60 points instead 65 as claimed in my expression of interest,

as they don't acknowledge full 3 years of Australian work (but a few months less..), now they want me to either

insist on having 65 points or agree to have only 60 points, within a 28 days response limit...

Now, their old homepage stated that software engineers need 65 points as new condition.

But on their new homepage (http://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Work/Skil) , programmers cannot be invited anymore "until next financial year".

1) As I have been "mistakenly" invited, what does it mean if I agree to be put back to 60 points, regarding the barrier they put on programmers that have not been there to the point of time when I got invited?

2) If I insist on having 65 points (I really don't know why they don't recognise my full 3 years here), does it have a prospect on success at all / are they open minded for reconsideration and arguments?

3) I hope "until next financial year" refers to this financial year, July 2015, so this information is not up-to-date?

4) Should I wait until the end of the response period (28 days) to see if they lower the barrier for programmers? Does is help?

Thanks for any advise!

If you have over claimed points on your EoI, for whatever reason, you can expect to have your visa/s automatically refused and to forfeit your visa appliation charge/s.

Hi all,

Thanks for any advise!

See a registered agent, and do it quickly. You'll get many opinions here, only a full explanation and plan with an agent can help you now.

• 4 weeks later...
I stick to 60 points and took it as final "character test" ;) My anticipation was, that if they say you have only 60, dont try to insist on 65, you will not be able to argue with them! I had no agent.

Well that is rather obvious isn't it, anything else would be like trying to argue that black is white!

The question is why you got away with over claiming points in the first place. It has long been understood this would be an outright rejection, as a migration agent has confirmed on this thread, so the interesting point is why you were not rejected.

They obviously graded it as an "inadvertent error", and as http://www.gmskilled.com/inadvertent-errors-on-expression-of-interest-overclaiming-points-skilled-visa-application/

reads, every applicant downgraded that way get away with it. This gave me confidence to try it as well. Only those are rejected, who give false information on purpose. This is

what I would also support. Yet I don't know what the inadvertent error was, they don't reveal that information ;)

Archived