EOI and visa app

princess1

Hi all I've submitted my skills assessment to vetassess so just waiting on results. Debating whether to get agent to complete rest of my stuff ie EOI and visa application or would you say I've done alot so be ok now? Asking those who've done the process themselves? many thanks xx

Yeah i would go ahead n do yourself. .I did n had no problems...i found visa the easiest part compared to skills assess etc...you could speak to couple of agents..alot give initial consultation free..i did this n realised I knew everything they were telling me from my own research so gave me confidence that I didn't need them...my visa was straight forward though with no complications

Yeah i would go ahead n do yourself. .I did n had no problems...i found visa the easiest part compared to skills assess etc...you could speak to couple of agents..alot give initial consultation free..i did this n realised I knew everything they were telling me from my own research so gave me confidence that I didn't need them...my visa was straight forward though with no complications

Thanks Lorna thats how I feel just wanted to check. I think mine is pretty straightforward but thought people on here would say if visa process was especially hard. Gonna give it a go :) x

Yes I'd agree. Do it yourself. Save the money as its quite straightforward. The only thing I would add-thats if you don't have a complex situation that would benefit from the advice of an agent. Visa app is a lot easier than i thought it woulkd be. Good luck.

Yes I'd agree. Do it yourself. Save the money as its quite straightforward. The only thing I would add-thats if you don't have a complex situation that would benefit from the advice of an agent. Visa app is a lot easier than i thought it woulkd be. Good luck.

Thanks for this, definately could do without the cost of the agent (even though wasn't too bad for remainder of process). Esp helpful wiv advice can ask on here if get stuck and not too complex :)

We've done it all ourselves so far and can vouch for the fact that skills assessment was by far the most painful bit to complete, so if you've done that, i wouldnt worry about getting an agent now. This forum is great for those tricky questions and some reassurance!! :)

We've done it all ourselves so far and can vouch for the fact that skills assessment was by far the most painful bit to complete, so if you've done that, i wouldnt worry about getting an agent now. This forum is great for those tricky questions and some reassurance!! :)

Thanks peaches, I was hoping the skills assessment was the hardest bit.. Yay to continuing the rest of the application myself :) xx

I anticipate that members of this forum will also be reviewing the actual documents the OP has available to support the claims being made in the EoI, particularly in the context of skilled work experience ... because that's what an agent would be doing.

Best regards.

I have to say using an agent was the best for us - as others have said, the skill select was the hard part, but having an agent ensured that the documents used for the EOI were correct and the items lodged for the visa were also complete and what we said we were claiming tied up to what we claimed and lodged against - and paid a small fortune to the immi department to. Getting the lodgement part wrong is the one area where you will feel it as you have now paid your money.

This is where I think a registered agent added additional value..

Just my 2 cents worth..

I have to say using an agent was the best for us - as others have said, the skill select was the hard part, but having an agent ensured that the documents used for the EOI were correct and the items lodged for the visa were also complete and what we said we were claiming tied up to what we claimed and lodged against - and paid a small fortune to the immi department to. Getting the lodgement part wrong is the one area where you will feel it as you have now paid your money.

This is where I think a registered agent added additional value..

Just my 2 cents worth..

This is interesting Jon defo worth more than 2 cents ;) I need to know all sides of the discussion as definately don't want to get any part wrong esp eoi or visa app. I have done the skills assessment myself and did you use an agent for the whole process and out of interest was a lot of your information/evidence needed for eoi similar to what you had to submit for skills assessment? Have had a very reasonable offer to complete remainder of application for us so was just wondering. Tia

I anticipate that members of this forum will also be reviewing the actual documents the OP has available to support the claims being made in the EoI, particularly in the context of skilled work experience ... because that's what an agent would be doing.

Best regards.

Thanks Alan. I would use an agent without a doubt if I wasn't trying to scrape every penny together to apply asap (although be worth its weight in gold if god forbid I make a mistake!!) Is it similar documentation for eoi as skills assessment would you think or do you have to present a lot more? Thanks in advance :)

This is interesting Jon defo worth more than 2 cents ;) I need to know all sides of the discussion as definately don't want to get any part wrong esp eoi or visa app. I have done the skills assessment myself and did you use an agent for the whole process and out of interest was a lot of your information/evidence needed for eoi similar to what you had to submit for skills assessment? Have had a very reasonable offer to complete remainder of application for us so was just wondering. Tia

yes we used an agent for all parts..

we had tons of paperwork for the skills assessment and proof of work history. I am not sure what was needed for the EOI but think this is just a lodgement and you do not have to prove what you are claiming. it is only when you come to lodge your visa you really need to get your ducks in a row!

yes we used an agent for all parts..

we had tons of paperwork for the skills assessment and proof of work history. I am not sure what was needed for the EOI but think this is just a lodgement and you do not have to prove what you are claiming. it is only when you come to lodge your visa you really need to get your ducks in a row!

Thanks Jon. Having a good look into it all. Yes loads of paperwork for skills assessment drove me mad!! suppose will see what results of that are and go from there. trying to keep on top of everything but definately gets overwhelming sometimes. Gosh i see you got ur results in a month for skills, God I pray I do as thinking gonna be about 8-10 wks. You have grants? Whats that?

. You have grants? Whats that?

it means that as of about 4am uk time today, our 189 visas were granted :)

all we have to do now is sell the house, book the flights and land (and sell things, pack the house, inform 100's or people / companies, etc etc..), find somewhere to live, find a job,...

it means that as of about 4am uk time today, our 189 visas were granted :)

all we have to do now is sell the house, book the flights and land (and sell things, pack the house, inform 100's or people / companies, etc etc..), find somewhere to live, find a job,...

WOW yay CONGRATULATIONS!!! That is brill. What a quick turnaround :0 Made up for you. Too exciting, all the best :D

Need help. My husband did his skill assessment (Customer Service Manager) last year (based on Overseas qualifications & work experience) but has just completed his Masters Degree in Australia last month. I would like to know can we claim for the Australian Master's degree and does the Australian degree need assessment

Thanks Alan. I would use an agent without a doubt if I wasn't trying to scrape every penny together to apply asap (although be worth its weight in gold if god forbid I make a mistake!!) Is it similar documentation for eoi as skills assessment would you think or do you have to present a lot more? Thanks in advance :)

Hi again princess1.

The documentation might be the same - or it might not. Much depends on the skills assessment body to which you applied and the points you are claiming for skilled work experience.

You are very welcome to telephone the Go Matilda office in Southampton to discuss (click on the link in my signature block below); if you call I would ask for Marina Towner.

Best regards.

Hi again princess1.

The documentation might be the same - or it might not. Much depends on the skills assessment body to which you applied and the points you are claiming for skilled work experience.

You are very welcome to telephone the Go Matilda office in Southampton to discuss (click on the link in my signature block below); if you call I would ask for Marina Towner.

Best regards.

I have to say, we have used an agent for the whole thing (Go Matilda) who have been brilliant. We wouldn't have had a clue regarding the skills part. Now Marina is dealing with the EOI for us, and any queries I have had (which have been quite a few!) she has been happy to help put our minds at rest. So personally for us, although it is an added expense, I couldn't recommend using an agent enough. :wink:

Archived