OMG We're Here!

daniel

Hi! Just to say we've arrived (Melbourne on Monday) and so far we are loving it! Although OH hasn't had much time off, he's had 3 interviews in 2 days and has another tomorrow.

Flight was unbelievable, kids slept the whole way, (even missed meals), so no jet lag at all. Spent seven hours in Singapore airport which was actually our favourite bit, highly recommend a swim there, and my eldest discovered she had her first wobbly tooth as we watched our dogs plane land to be refuelled, all very exciting! :goofy:

First day here was not so good, taxi driver had no idea where he was going, I had to read his map as his eyesight was not so good. Accommodation heating was broken, 10 degrees when we arrived and a few other problems but all is sorted now with a box of choccies thrown in. Decided to hire a car for a week which was the best decision we could have made, will try and buy one before the week is out.

People here are soooooo friendly, already invited to meet the locals at a wine and nibbles evening in Elwood, everyone just wants to stop and chat.

So all in all, coming to Australia was daunting and hard work but well worth it so far. I know it's not been long (3 days) but we already know we made the right decision and we were expecting it to take us years to feel like that. Touch wood it carries on being this great. :chatterbox:

Emma x

Guest The Thomsons

What a lovely post! Now I'm even more desperate to get there.

All the best with settling in:smile:

Archived