No one is replying to my CV in Sydney. I'm leaving. Backpacking is just misleading HYPE

Clyde

Of course they do Stacey. Who would you employ to work in a bar or restaurant? A good looking guy or girl? I know you aren't supposed to discriminate on gender but it's only common sense. If you were running a busy bar for example, unless the good looking guy had lots of experience, the girl would get the job to attract males into the bar. I guess the odd good looking male wouldn't go a miss, specially in a few bars around Kings Cross.:wink:

In Perth, we are experiencing lean times on the job front....eastern states seem to be fairing better.

I agree but at the same time disagree with Paul. Both young and older can provide good service. But in this day and age of beauty being queen, then only a pretty face will do:mad:

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You don't seem to have the right personality for bar work.

Try some farm work.

Personally we ( my partner and i) wouldn't employ someone with the attitude the op has. We have had many backpackers from all over the world some with vineyard experience some with none. Many have been given work when they've just come to the vineyard gate and asked. Many with limited English but all have an i will give it a go attitude/ Some work out and can do the work others it's just not their thing. I wish the op the best of luck. Edited by Guest

When I went to Perth WA (Wait Awhile) on my WHV, I sent out hundreds of resumes on the Internet. Got nothing back. Walked into a popular well known bar on Beaufort Street. Got the job there and then.

The irony is, when I returned to the UK I started getting interview offers for the jobs I sent for online! Haha.

Don't give in. You'll only regret it later in life!

Of course they do Stacey. Who would you employ to work in a bar or restaurant? A good looking guy or girl? I know you aren't supposed to discriminate on gender but it's only common sense. If you were running a busy bar for example, unless the good looking guy had lots of experience, the girl would get the job to attract males into the bar. I guess the odd good looking male wouldn't go a miss, specially in a few bars around Kings Cross.:wink:

well im not that good looking and I don't have bar experience so that's me screwed :laugh: When I was in london the hostel bar had mostly only male barstaff. Few female and everybody was australian

Personally we ( my partner and i) wouldn't employ someone with the attitude the op has. We have had many backpackers from all over the world some with vineyard experience some with none. Many have been given work when they've just come to the vineyard gate and asked. Many with limited English but all have an i will give it a go attitude/ Some work out and can do the work others it's just not their thing. I wish the op the best of luck.

can I please have a job when I come over? :cute:

can I please have a job when I come over? :cute:

Stacey if you happen to find yourself in Northern Victoria and need work please pm me and if anything is available we will see what we can sort out. Warning though it does get very hot up here in the summer. Lol

Stacey if you happen to find yourself in Northern Victoria and need work please pm me and if anything is available we will see what we can sort out. Warning though it does get very hot up here in the summer. Lol

Lol yeah I think id need to toughen up first before I work outside in the summer. I need to go and look properly at the different crop cycles and see if there's anything I can get for autumn or winter. That's amazing though, I'll definitely be in victoria at some point. Thanks :)

You have the 2 main attributes for a bar maid though Stacey.

Just wear a low cut top to any interviews and you'll be right. :cute:

i think even a low cut top wouldn't save me from zero experience lol. Well actually im doing my RSA and my bar skills course. That's only a day but I guess it's better than nothing