July 2015 - EOI Invitation round

Pommie

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear Kavya,

Please read below which I extracted from immigration site :-

"Note: There can only be one invitation on an EOI at any time even if more than one visa subclass has been selected. For example if you have a current invitation to apply for a subclass 190 visa you cannot receive an invitation to apply for a subclass 189 visa. It is your responsibility to ensure that you understand the questions on the EOI form. If you are unsure about a question, read all available help text to ensure that you answer the questions as accurately as possible."

If I am not wrong you can get maximum two invitation for one EOI but you get second invitation only when first one expires, but you can't two invitation at the same time.

My only confusion is whether we will get second invitation for 190 visa or not in case we do not accept that or we need to go through the state nomination process again and deposit 330 aud (NSW).

Can anyone give some clarification on this?

I think I got my answer. No you can't get 190 visa nomination again for same eoi. you need to submit new eoi and go though the state nomination process again :-

"This nomination is valid once only and only using the SkillSelect EOI number that you provided in your nomination application. Your NSW nomination will expire after 60 days. If you do not apply for the 190 visa within this timeframe you will need to submit a new EOI and be invited by NSW to apply for NSW nomination. A previous nomination is no guarantee that you will be nominated again."

Is it so... ?? Then there is no point in waiting for 189 I think :( we have already paid 300AUD for 190 subclass for NSW. We were thinking we will wait till 50 days and by then if we dont receive invite from 189 we will go ahead and apply visa under 190 only...I think now the wait is waste :( Please suggest ur views

Is it so... ?? Then there is no point in waiting for 189 I think :( we have already paid 300AUD for 190 subclass for NSW. We were thinking we will wait till 50 days and by then if we dont receive invite from 189 we will go ahead and apply visa under 190 only...I think now the wait is waste :( Please suggest ur views

Dear Kavya,

you can do one thing, submit new eoi for 189 visa only and wait for next round (august) and if you do not get any invitation you can take your decision whether you wants to apply for 190 visa or let it expire and wait for 189 visa.

I am going to do the same. keep alive both eoi until I have 10 days for 190 visa expire and then I can take my call.

There is no harm in doing this as you still have 50 days and next round should be held in August first or second week :):).

Let me know if you get 189 visa invitation.

Hi AusApril27,

you have been waiting quite a while, do you have an agent you can speak to? It doesn't make a difference, but maybe they could advise how long someone in your situation normally waits for an invite?

we applied a month after you also on 60 points and were still waiting as well.

on reading different things on the forum, it would appear that there was a strike last month, and a reduced no. Of invitations, combined with the end of the year restrictions?

It does seem quite a long time, compared to others, but I'm not sure what the maximum wait would be, we were wondering the same?

good Luck, I'll let you know if we hear anything!

Hi AusApril27,

you have been waiting quite a while, do you have an agent you can speak to? It doesn't make a difference, but maybe they could advise how long someone in your situation normally waits for an invite?

we applied a month after you also on 60 points and were still waiting as well.

on reading different things on the forum, it would appear that there was a strike last month, and a reduced no. Of invitations, combined with the end of the year restrictions?

It does seem quite a long time, compared to others, but I'm not sure what the maximum wait would be, we were wondering the same?

good Luck, I'll let you know if we hear anything!

Hi Teejams and AusApril27, I also have 60 points and made an EOI for 2613 on 7th May, but didn't receive an invite in the July round. I had hoped to have been in this round but looks now like I have to wait till August - hopefully I'll be invited in that round.

Be good to hear how your EOI progress and what happens over the coming weeks.

Congratulations to all successful applicants for this invitation round.

For all who were/are still waiting, if you don't have the invite already, then you have missed out this time. The exact date of next round is still yet to be confirmed but it will be in August 2015.

Hi,

I submitted my EOI on April 27th 2015, with 60 points for 189 visa 2613 occupation, but did not get invitation yet. Can i expect only in the next round?

Hi AusApril27

The Anzsco code 2613 is under the pro-rata arrangement. Each invitation round will contain a maximum of 447 invitations per month for your occupational group. You'll only get an invite when all other applicants above you in the same group have received theirs. This is the same for accountants, and ICT business and systems analysts. You may be lucky in the next round but it's difficult to say.

Hi Teejams and AusApril27, I also have 60 points and made an EOI for 2613 on 7th May, but didn't receive an invite in the July round. I had hoped to have been in this round but looks now like I have to wait till August - hopefully I'll be invited in that round.

Be good to hear how your EOI progress and what happens over the coming weeks.

AusApril27 and RMT1980

We've just recieved an email with our invite.......I feel guilty now, as we applied after you!

Good Luck I hope you don't have to wait too much longer!

AusApril27 and RMT1980

We've just recieved an email with our invite.......I feel guilty now, as we applied after you!

Hey Teejams.... first off, that is awesome news - huge congrats.

I am somewhat confused though now from reading your post and hearing that you have been invited over 24 hours after the invitation round emails went out to all other people. If you don't mind me asking, then what is your Nominated Job Code that you submitted an EOI for, and also how many points do you have? Also, what time was the email sent by IMMI.... can you see the sent date/time on it?

Many congrats again on the invite...!

AusApril27 and RMT1980

Congratulations! I bet the agent had it sat in his inbox all day!!

CaptainC is right.

The email came from our agent so the delay was because it came via them! Thanks

Hey Teejams,

Can you please share you occupation code and points you have applied. May be migrant agents get priority over normal applicant

Hey Teejams,

Can you please share you occupation code and points you have applied. May be migrant agents get priority over normal applicant

The EOI invitation process is done by computer. No 'human' sees the EOI's and they are all selected automatically. Migration agents have no influence over EOI invites.

They may have an influence in the visa processing speed though, especially since some agents are former DIBP case officers.

AusApril27 and RMT1980

Congrats Teejams!!! Hope we will also get through in the next round

The EOI invitation process is done by computer. No 'human' sees the EOI's and they are all selected automatically. Migration agents have no influence over EOI invites.

They may have an influence in the visa processing speed though, especially since some agents are former DIBP case officers.

Oho ok. But then how come he got visa invitation. is his point score is more than other?