Giving it a try ......

Lisababy

Hi All, New to the forum. I have been reading lots of posts for some time good and bad. I'm very realistic about financial pressures and pull of family but here is my question....

my husband (mental health nurse) and I are in a position we we can come and live and work in oz (189 granted) and give it a try. We are a young couple, don't plan on having a family, should be able to take career breaks and rent our UK home out, we will be bringing our savings to start us up...

So why wouldn't we try and have an amazing opportunity and adventure?

Just do it! No reason not to according to the info you've provided. My advice - try to work outside the 2 main cities - as a MH health nurse you should be able to get work in Cairns, or Hobart, or Albany or....lots of great places in Australia!

Would any of these areas offer jobs in other fields? I'm a middle manager in public service with lots of tranferable skills. I don't expect to come in at same level but am aspiring to a professional role.

Why not, if you've got a good offer then go for it. You are going to struggle with Public Service positions though. All depending on your skill set, as PR you will be restricted to state government (Federal Government positions - APS - are for citizens only).

Archived