Suggestion Needed: WA State Nomination

mahfuzul80

Dear All,

I am seeking suggestion from you as I couldn't avail the opportunity to apply for WA State Nomination despite invitation. This is because my occupation 511112 was under Schedule 2 for which I need to show Full-time 1 year job contract while submitting application within 28 days limited timeframe. Since I am based in Bangladesh that's why it was tough for me to arrange the job from here within the said timeframe.

Now I received the email from WA Govt. mentioning the followings -

"Your State nomination application has now lapsed and been withdrawn.

If it is your intention to pursue State nomination with the Government of Western Australia, you may be eligible for a second invitation if a new expression of interest is lodged in SkillSelect."

What does it mean actually? Should I submit new EOI or my current EOI serves the purpose in the coming days.

Please suggest!

Do you have the required job offer? If yes, then you need to reapply. If not, then you are wasting your time

Thanks for your suggestion.

I understand that I don't have job offer for which I can't apply. But what about if the WA requirements be changed, say, they won't need job offer during 2015-16. In that case, if they'd like to consider me for 2d time should I need to lodge new express entry or the existing one will serve the purpose

WA are likely to change their lists soon, as will immi. However, given WA is in an economic downturn at the moment - we officially entered recession a couple of weeks ago - i would think it very unlikely they will remove the principle of schedule 2. However, they will review occupations that are currently schedule 2 and some may change. But some may be removed entirely.

Dear All,

I am seeking suggestion from you as I couldn't avail the opportunity to apply for WA State Nomination despite invitation. This is because my occupation 511112 was under Schedule 2 for which I need to show Full-time 1 year job contract while submitting application within 28 days limited timeframe. Since I am based in Bangladesh that's why it was tough for me to arrange the job from here within the said timeframe.

Now I received the email from WA Govt. mentioning the followings -

"Your State nomination application has now lapsed and been withdrawn.

If it is your intention to pursue State nomination with the Government of Western Australia, you may be eligible for a second invitation if a new expression of interest is lodged in SkillSelect."

What does it mean actually? Should I submit new EOI or my current EOI serves the purpose in the coming days.

Please suggest!

Hi Mahfuzul,

Just wondering how long did you wait to receive State Nomination after you lodged EOI.?

I've applied for State Nomination for the same occupation 511112 but not sure how long does it take them to come back. Appreciate your feedback.

Thanks

Sam

Hi Mahfuzul,

Just wondering how long did you wait to receive State Nomination after you lodged EOI.?

I've applied for State Nomination for the same occupation 511112 but not sure how long does it take them to come back. Appreciate your feedback.

Thanks

Sam

Have you submitted a valid contract of employment?

Hi Mahfuzul,

Thanks

Sam

Hi Sam,

It took almost an year to receive the invitation...........but unfortunately i didn't manage job contract :(

Hi Sam,

It took almost an year to receive the invitation...........but unfortunately i didn't manage job contract :(

A year.? Oh, wow...I don't anticipate to wait that long. I'm currently in Oz, in Western Australia to be exact. Thanks for the info. ..

• 3 weeks later...

Hello :-)

I'd always suggest looking for a job first with these things. Aside from the obvious financial stability, of full time employment, if you can get approval for a 457, then the chances are, you'll have the skills and the points needed for the 190. The 457 visa lasts for 4 years and buys you enough time to get your 1 year Australian work experience which will add to your points as well as give you the employment contract you need to get your nomination. It'll also mean that you'll be living and working in Australia at the time of application so wont need to have $20,000AUD at the time of nomination in your account to support yourself.

Just a thought - I know you're interested in the immediate PR but I think the 457 might be a better route for you to start with. Your employer can also nominate you after 2 years of continuous employment for your PR.

Good Luck!! :-)

Hi Sam,

Mine took around a week to come through. I think it all depends on how many points you have on your EOI.

Good luck!

Hi MissNancy

Thanks for the info. .. Was it for the 511112 occupation or another one. ? If not, was it Schedule 1 or 2.?

And final q - how many points did you have.? I've got 60 + 5 points for state nomination. Is this too low.? I could try to get better results for IELTS (currently 7.5 in each category) to get another 10 points but not sure if this is essential. I've already spent quite a bit for PR process. (

Thanks

Sam

Hi Sam,

Mine took around a week to come through. I think it all depends on how many points you have on your EOI.

Good luck!

Hi Sam,

Good luck!

Hi Nancy

Could you please advise how many points you had for EOI.?

Just curious if my 65 points is just too low...

Hi Nancy

Could you please advise how many points you had for EOI.?

Just curious if my 65 points is just too low...

Hi Sam,

I had 70 points. I got 65 from my degree, exp, age etc and the extra 5 points came from applying for the 190 visa.

Hi MissNancy

Thanks for the info. .. Was it for the 511112 occupation or another one. ? If not, was it Schedule 1 or 2.?

And final q - how many points did you have.? I've got 60 + 5 points for state nomination. Is this too low.? I could try to get better results for IELTS (currently 7.5 in each category) to get another 10 points but not sure if this is essential. I've already spent quite a bit for PR process. (

Thanks

Sam

Hi Sam,

My job is in the Schedule 2 category so in the same boat as yours. 65 points is definitely enough - It all depends on how many people with more than 65 points are applying but I'd suggest that the majority will be going/applying with 60points. I'd go back and make sure that all the required sections on the EOI were completed correctly. Make sure that your VETASSESS number is on there and that you haven't missed anything. The invitation rounds come every 2 weeks so it should come through soon. In the mean time, keep yourself busy by gathering your documents for the visa.

You can get your HAP I.D once you've created an immi account so go ahead and get your medical organised. I'd also start organising your police checks so as they can take a while to come back - especially the UK one as it's specifically for immigration and can take weeks.

You'll also need to dig out your birth cert or re-order it from the registry of Births, Marriages and Deaths.

Good Luck and shout if you need anything else :-)

Hi Sam,

My job is in the Schedule 2 category so in the same boat as yours. 65 points is definitely enough - It all depends on how many people with more than 65 points are applying but I'd suggest that the majority will be going/applying with 60points. I'd go back and make sure that all the required sections on the EOI were completed correctly. Make sure that your VETASSESS number is on there and that you haven't missed anything. The invitation rounds come every 2 weeks so it should come through soon. In the mean time, keep yourself busy by gathering your documents for the visa.

You can get your HAP I.D once you've created an immi account so go ahead and get your medical organised. I'd also start organising your police checks so as they can take a while to come back - especially the UK one as it's specifically for immigration and can take weeks.

You'll also need to dig out your birth cert or re-order it from the registry of Births, Marriages and Deaths.

Good Luck and shout if you need anything else :-)

Nancy

Thanks for the info! I've spoken to WA immi office today and they only gave me general info about selection and nomination process. They did conform they do their fortnightly rounds and go by points and then application date. Given that I've only submitted my EOI late June, it was just too little time and I have to wait.

I've checked and double checked my EOI already, so I believe it is all correct. My Vetassess number is in the EOI.

Just to be clear, I have got 60 degrees and 5 for State Nomination, so I feel I have got an average score and the competition is high.

What is HAP ID.?

I've got police clearance from Russian ambassy (I'm from Russia btw) - it only took 3 weeks

Can I get medical check now or should I wait when I get state nomination. ? It should not take long I believe, so I'm not too worried.

I've got my birth certificates with me so should not be a problem to translate and submit....

Too many Q's... Thanks for your help!!!

Oh, that's perfect :-)

I did my medical as soon as I applied for vetassess. It's just something I wanted to get out of the way ahead of time.

You'll need your HAP I.D when you book your medical for the PR visa. Not everyone needs to do a medical but I am fairly certain you'll need one for the state sponsored visas. Your HAP I.D will be on the 'Health Declarations' section of your EOI. You just need to print it, book a visa medical (There is a BUPA Visa Medical office in Perth CBD - about a 5 min walk from The Esplanade Stn). Mine cost around $300 (also bare in mind that the application for state sponsorship costs $200 so you'll need to put cash aside for that also).

Once the medical is complete, BUPA (or whomever you go through) will send the results to immigration who then attach it to your EOI. The results usually take 5 days to come back.

Side note - If you're living in Aus, you should also get an Australian Police Check.

You don't need to do all this straight away but it helps because once you're invited to apply for the state sponsorship, everything else happens really quickly and it helps to have all your ducks in a row. That way, once you're able to apply for the PR visa, your case officer will just need to look through your documents and make a decision.

Oh, that's perfect :-)

I did my medical as soon as I applied for vetassess. It's just something I wanted to get out of the way ahead of time.

You'll need your HAP I.D when you book your medical for the PR visa. Not everyone needs to do a medical but I am fairly certain you'll need one for the state sponsored visas. Your HAP I.D will be on the 'Health Declarations' section of your EOI. You just need to print it, book a visa medical (There is a BUPA Visa Medical office in Perth CBD - about a 5 min walk from The Esplanade Stn). Mine cost around $300 (also bare in mind that the application for state sponsorship costs $200 so you'll need to put cash aside for that also).

Once the medical is complete, BUPA (or whomever you go through) will send the results to immigration who then attach it to your EOI. The results usually take 5 days to come back.

Side note - If you're living in Aus, you should also get an Australian Police Check.

You don't need to do all this straight away but it helps because once you're invited to apply for the state sponsorship, everything else happens really quickly and it helps to have all your ducks in a row. That way, once you're able to apply for the PR visa, your case officer will just need to look through your documents and make a decision.

Thanks for extensive explanation. .. I'll look into medical check to see if I should do it now. I'm positive I'll have to do it as Russia is being considered a high risk country.

As for Aus police check, I've got my clearance some time ago but I need to get one done for my wife as well.

Archived