Transferring money to the UK

English Rose

After living in Perth for 12 wonderful years, I am moving back to the UK for family reasons. Can you please offer any advice on transferring money back to the UK. I would also like to know if my 17 year old daughter would be eligible to study in college without having to pay any fees? She was born in the UK. I am new to this site and I am sure this will be my first of many posts, thanks.

After living in Perth for 12 wonderful years, I am moving back to the UK for family reasons. Can you please offer any advice on transferring money back to the UK. I would also like to know if my 17 year old daughter would be eligible to study in college without having to pay any fees? She was born in the UK. I am new to this site and I am sure this will be my first of many posts, thanks.

Hello, welcome.

I believe she would need to have been resident for several years despite being a citizen. Have a search as this has been discussed in other threads.

There are lots of money transferring threads too, and there is a resident money transferring expect who visits.

Thanks, I will check out the other threads, still finding my way around this site. Its good to get recommendations, much appreciated.

I can personally vouch for UKForex/OZForex.. I am in the UK and regularly transfer GBP --> AUD via UK Forex.. Extremely simple to use, no fees for fund transfer over 3000 GBP and a highly competitive rate (definitely much better than banks and on par if not better with other funds transfer services). OZForex is the parent company and you could use http://www.ozforex.com.au for your AUD --> GBP requirements.

Yeah a new thread, delighted.! Welcome, I was new not so long ago myself.

First of all, why are you going back to UK?? are you on your own?? Hubby around?

Do not wish to offend, just lets get to basics real quick. I think sometimes people join this forum because they want someone to talk too, they are lost, they need support. And that's great. Because we should all help each other.

Down to the logical, how long have you been away from England? Your daughter will be deemed as an international student, even if she was born in England. You need to reside 3 years in England (whether born or not) before

you are eligible.

I in same position. My eldest just turning 15, we in Aus, she want university in England. We are moving back. Why? because I believe the lifestyle and education better in England than Australia.

You can only do soooo much. You might need to pay the first year of international fees. Save, apply for scholarships, but only short years out of overall life.

Good luck to you. Hope you get lots of positive responses. End of day, just do what you think best. If going back to England right for you, go. Jut counter in extra costs for a couple of years, but

think long term.

I can personally vouch for UKForex/OZForex.. I am in the UK and regularly transfer GBP --> AUD via UK Forex.. Extremely simple to use, no fees for fund transfer over 3000 GBP and a highly competitive rate (definitely much better than banks and on par if not better with other funds transfer services). OZForex is the parent company and you could use www.ozforex.com.au for your AUD --> GBP requirements.

i use them too, effortless, straight to UK bank account and no deductions by the UK bank as they pay from there UK bank

• 2 weeks later...
Yeah a new thread, delighted.! Welcome, I was new not so long ago myself.

First of all, why are you going back to UK?? are you on your own?? Hubby around?

Do not wish to offend, just lets get to basics real quick. I think sometimes people join this forum because they want someone to talk too, they are lost, they need support. And that's great. Because we should all help each other.

Down to the logical, how long have you been away from England? Your daughter will be deemed as an international student, even if she was born in England. You need to reside 3 years in England (whether born or not) before

you are eligible.

I in same position. My eldest just turning 15, we in Aus, she want university in England. We are moving back. Why? because I believe the lifestyle and education better in England than Australia.

You can only do soooo much. You might need to pay the first year of international fees. Save, apply for scholarships, but only short years out of overall life.

Good luck to you. Hope you get lots of positive responses. End of day, just do what you think best. If going back to England right for you, go. Jut counter in extra costs for a couple of years, but

think long term.

Thank you for your kind words. Im happily returning to the UK to be with my family, 12 years apart is long enough and the oldies are getting older and I want to make more memories with them :-)

Hitchin College have informed me that as my daughter is a British Citizen, we will not have to pay fees, we just have to provide a copy of her UK passport, so all good there.

Its going to be sad to leave this beautiful country behind and I am sure I will always be torn between both countries.

thanks again for taking the time to reply