Enrolling in primary school for 2 weeks

EMB

I'm going to be doing a training at UQ for the first two weeks of September. Is it possible to bring my daughter with me and have her attend school for only two weeks? She'll be 9. I contacted the government international education department and was told to contact the school I'm interested in directly. I've tried to contact the school closest to UQ by email, Ironside, but have not gotten a response. If this situation would work, what kind of visa would she need - is an ETA visa enough? I've search websites, sent emails but have not been able to find specific information about a visa for this situation.

Thanks in advance.

What visa are you coming over on? I don't know the answer to your query, but wondering if you'd have to pay international fees (even for 2 weeks), may be more cost effective to bring someone with you and whilst you're studying allowing your daughter to have a holiday and bring over some school work from her own school.

Ali - Thanks so much for the idea to bring someone (or maybe find a person for the short-term in Brisbane...). As far as I can tell with my websearch and lack of responses to emails to various visa departments), I would be traveling on the ETA visa. The short-term training I'm doing doesn't seem to fit into other educational or study visas.

Also thank you Quoll for the link - In all my searches, I didn't come up with that page. I will explore further!!