Pearson PTE Test taken yesterday - feedback

Ozhope

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you called them ? my status changed from scores not reportable - to scores reportable then i had an email... then i could look at my scores... took mine on the 15th June, had my scores cake on the 17th June...

Have you called them ?

Call them every day after work on Skype just because it's ridiculous. It's frustrating because I'm in New Zealand at the moment and the only call centre open is in India so it's like getting blood out of a stone.. I recieved an email stating it was still unavailable on Saturday. One of the reasons I chose it was because they advertised a 5 business day turn around time..ahhhhhhhhh

Hi Paul Nicholls, I had my PTE last week and scored R:78 S:90 L:85 W:76..... I was totally gutted ! I have my retest this Tuesday ..! How can i improve my Writing and Reading to get above the 79 Mark ?

Thanks Mate

Have a look at the attached score guide regarding the writing.

I feel for you. I failed my PTE I got 90 90 85 and 75 :(

Writing marks.pdf

Writing marks.pdf

Been reading this post with interest as I took my PTE a while back and got Superior as I had to get the 20 points to qualify.

I am a native English speaker but tend to get nervous. I did a lot of practise 2 weeks leading up to the exam. The one thing I luckily found out, pretty much the evening before my exam, was describing fractions

Good thing I checked coz 3 of my describe the image were based on fractions. So 1/4 is 25%, 1/5 is 20%, if they show 25% you should 'a quarter of the....'

Also, on the same lines, are simple graphs showing varying quantities and slopes : Gradual, exponential, constant increase, steady uniform trend and on and on and on.....

It's a test to see how you use English as a common language to express ideas. I mumbled and fumbled a lot but still scored 90,90,79,90 Made it through by the skin of my teeth!!!!!

KnK

Hey... So i had my results back for my second test.... L:90 R:83 S:90 W:77 .....!!! I couldn't believe it ! Hahaa... So i have now booked in for the 13th July this will be my Third go ! They do say 3 times for a Welsh man tho so hopefully this will be the case... I need tips on how to improve on my writing.... although my written discourse was 90 !

Hi all

Yesterday I took the Pearson PTE test and within 14 hours I have received my score, which is thankfully the required Superior English level.

This is was the first test that I have taken, therefore cannot compare to ILETs. I can however say that I found it relatively easy and straightforward.

I did did buy the sample tests and would recommend this so that you are prepared for the format of the tests. To paint a picture for you, I should say that I have always had a good command of English, do not struggle with spelling and grammar and feel quite comfortable with all aspects of English. I don't, however, have any higher level quals than GCSE and have not studied English since school, over 22 years ago!

I would say say that unless your English is particularly poor, as long as you practice and prepare, you should not struggle to reach Superior level.

During the the test you can make notes. This was good for the listening section, but probably only if you can listen and make notes at the same time. I found the listening part harder than the others, but still received a score of 81 for that part.

Hope that helps someone. Please ask away if you have any questions.

Jane

Hi.

When you did your practice test what score did you get? I've been doing the practice papers and doing well but only got overall score 64 when I did practice exam :-( I need this for points also and missed out on IELTS only got 7,7.5,8,8.5.

Hey... So i had my results back for my second test.... L:90 R:83 S:90 W:77 .....!!! I couldn't believe it ! Hahaa... So i have now booked in for the 13th July this will be my Third go ! They do say 3 times for a Welsh man tho so hopefully this will be the case... I need tips on how to improve on my writing.... although my written discourse was 90 !

My written discourse scored only 55 but must have done well in other areas but don't know how it's calculated. I scored 84 for writing. Third time lucky

• 1 year later...

Hi.  So I had my IELTS with 8.5 overall so superior, but lost out on 10 points on EOI as I had 8.5/8/8/7.5 ?

Is PTE the same, do you need a certain score in all to get full 20 marks on EOI?  

Thanks guys 

Edited by Cables