swallow

Hi first message posted on this forum however been Lurking for months reading the posts.

Just a general rant/ question regarding my currrent situation and see if there's anyone out there in my position.

Cut a long story short, applied for 189 visa. General plumber. Been a long struggle up hill with countless hurdles and what seems to be a never ending money pot. At the last hurdle UK side at the moment with all documents submitted 26th April, pcc's done and medicals done. Just a waiting game now for co allocation/ Grant approval.

Tried my up most best to obtain information on where to attend college for my migrant gap training, where to obtain my provisional plumbing licence and what is required to obtain employment. I seem to have the right information now but considering this is supposed to be a required occupation the government don't make it at all easy for plumbers to gain employment in Australia.

Contacting TAFE institutions with detailed questions regarding courses or information they couldn't care less, rather than replying to an email they reply with a generic response by copy and pasting a transcript off the government migrant website.

No one seems to have the right information and just points you to websites that just lead you back to where you started..

It has been a dream to move to Australia since my first visit ten years ago. I knew it would be a struggle but the information/training is just not there. Hopefully it will all be worth it.

Rant over. Ha. Anyone else having the same sort of issues and wants to share feel free. Would be nice to know I'm not the only one on this boat!

Welcome, first question, which State are you going to. Each State is different and has a different government and rules so its important to let peeps know.

If you read through the job section and the State Sections you will find that this has been asked quite a lot and there is a lot of information you can obtain from the site before people answer.

Also join up with the forum of the State where you are headed, these have State specific information. There is a link to them at the foot of this forum.

Sorry I might be missing it but I can't see a link at the foot of the forum relating information. And the last post I can find relating plumbing is 2012. Before skills select? Also licencing has changed and the courses have also as they don't have high immigration numbers so conversion courses are rare. Just seems that department of immigrating doesn't help in providing any information.

Thanks

Sorry I might be missing it but I can't see a link at the foot of the forum relating information. And the last post I can find relating plumbing is 2012. Before skills select? Also licencing has changed and the courses have also as they don't have high immigration numbers so conversion courses are rare. Just seems that department of immigrating doesn't help in providing any information.

Thanks

The DIPB wont help you with anything to do with getting licenced. You need to contact the Licencing Board in whatever state you are going to.

They have thousands of enquiries from intended migrants and I guess they don't have the time to answer anyone. Some of those people making enquiries may never turn up, change their mind when it gets too hard or not get a visa.

These days there is all the information you could need on-line. I think people assume everyone knows enough about the internet and where to get the info from, not always the case though. Once you decide where you want to be you would be able to find local TAFE's or training establishments in that area with a google search. They have their courses detailed usually. Good luck.