ImmiAccount: Upload documents only after payment?

goliveira

I'm about to lodge a 189 visa application, and I can't find any button or link in the ImmiAccount to upload the supporting documents.

Does anybody know if I have to make the payment first?

I'm confused because I believe that making the payment should put my application in a 'submitted' state. But how could it be submitted without the supporting documents?

I'm about to lodge a 189 visa application, and I can't find any button or link in the ImmiAccount to upload the supporting documents.

Does anybody know if I have to make the payment first?

I'm confused because I believe that making the payment should put my application in a 'submitted' state. But how could it be submitted without the supporting documents?

That's standard. You have to pay first then log in again and click to view application then hey presto....all the upload buttons are there.

That's standard. You have to pay first then log in again and click to view application then hey presto....all the upload buttons are there.

Right, but how will they know when I have finished uploading everything? Will there be a second 'submit' to say that 'I am done uploading documents'?

No, just upload what you need to. Then, when it gets allocated to a case officer, they will review it and will inform you if they need any further information from you. If you have uploaded everything to their satisfaction, and your application is complete and correct, then it's likely that the only thing you'll get back from them is a grant notification.

Well, theres nothing to say there is a deadline. But I had incomplete documents for a couple of months sitting there, so they sent me a request for further information message, which then asked me to respond within 28 days. This is fair enough, I'm sure many people do the same and have to be prompted. I probably shouldn't have started the process so early until I had my documents ready, but then I had a deadline to apply due to state nomination. Bottome line is be as prepared as you can :)

Archived