Hi everyone, I'm currently applying for a 457visa for just myself (primary) as a software engineer. The application has been lodged and every documents have been submitted by my migration agent around mid March. But on the ImmiAccount, it still shows 'Assessment in Progress'. It has been over two months. That is really really really frustrating because my job contract is about to expire in my country. I don't know if I should renew my contract or just wait for the visa approved.

Does anyone know how long it would take normally? And, is there anyone in the same or similar situation here?

If the employer has never sponsored anyone before, it can take a couple of months for them to get sponsorship approval. Then they must get nomination approval which can also take weeks. After the sponsorship and nomination have been approved, the 457 visa itself usually follows very quickly but every case is different. Have the sponsorship and nomination been approved?

Impossible to say as every case is different. If you do a search on here you will find recent posts showing some had it within a couple of weeks to some months - a recent one is waiting after 6 months.

Thanks for your reply.

And well, it possibly might take 6 months. That was quite painful for the applicant, I believe.

If the employer has never sponsored anyone before, it can take a couple of months for them to get sponsorship approval. Then they must get nomination approval which can also take weeks. After the sponsorship and nomination have been approved, the 457 visa itself usually follows very quickly but every case is different. Have the sponsorship and nomination been approved?

Thanks so much for your precious information. This is very helpful.

FYI, I don't know if the employer has sponsored anyone before. What my agent told me last time is that the sponsorship has been finalized but she doesn't know the result yet. Don't know about the nomination either.

Hi everyone,

Just wondering if anybody knows how to check the progress of Employer Sponsorship for 457 visa on my side. I have been waiting for the applications to be approved for months, but I haven't heard anything from my agent since April. It shows nothing but 'Assessment in Progress' on the ImmiAccount of my visa, and it doesn't give me any information about Sponsorship or Nomination.

Does anyone know how to chase the Sponsorship status please? Many thanks.:notworthy:

You'd have to check with the agent or the employer. You can't get any information directly since you aren't the applicant for those stages.

Thanks. So there's nothing I can do but checking with my agent.

Archived