Weather?

srg73

Well we know every Brit likes to talk about the weather and for those coming over, one thing is for certain, Queensland weather is not boring!

I hope everybody got through yesterday's heavy rain ok and hopefully that's the last of the exciting weather. Back to dull autumn weather of sun sun and sun please.:cool:

S

We are 25 mins out of Toowoomba, rain fall is alway lower here than in Toowoomba but last night the rain Gods came to visit 134 Mil ! I swear my plants are standing up flapping there very dry leaves. For a suburb where we get excited by 20 mil we are thrilled. Tanks are full again. Its a cool 17.8C so have lite the fire as it will be down to 12 tonight, but the sky is blue and the sun is trying to push through the clouds. Weve been on work commitments in Vic for a few years, we must have acclimatised as we went shopping this morning and i wore a light jumper and jeans and got some odd looks from people wearing coats, boots, beany's and even one couple out walking the dog (also dressed in a winter coat) were wearing gloves LOL

Josh didn't get his birthday presents yesterday evening.............mum was fetching 'em round in the evening but all roads to her place were impassable and she's only 5 minutes away. Quite a few cars washed into the ditches on telegraph Rd and handforth rd.

No great loss him dipping ouit last night though as he was working at maccas till 1900..............or so he thought...............14 staff couldn't get in so he ended up working till 12.30..............said he was bombed out due to folk with power cuts coming in for a feed. We're clebrating his 20th tonight instead

Sadly, it's just been announced on the news that 5 people died near caboolture, including a 5yr old, when 3 cars followed each other over a flooded road.

WHY do people do that, so so dad. The police keep saying over and over again, if it is flooded forget it dont even try it.

It makes me cross that people even try and drive through the water when it's unsafe. There is so much media saying to not even try if it's flooded.

By my house, we had a road closed and a BMW tried to get through. It's now in a ditch and I can't see how they're going to get it out without doing a lot more damage. Just hoping the idiot's insurance isn't paying out!!

• 1 month later...

6 AM I read the rain gauge for 9.6mm which brings the June total so far, to 134 mm...Odd thing is, this is supposed to be THE DRY. February, in the middle of The Wet, was only 126mm...And March, still in The Wet, only had 73mm.:arghh:

Cheers, Bobj.

6 AM I read the rain gauge for 9.6mm which brings the June total so far, to 134 mm...Odd thing is, this is supposed to be THE DRY. February, in the middle of The Wet, was only 126mm...And March, still in The Wet, only had 73mm.:arghh:

Cheers, Bobj.

We need a pipe line south so we can have any left overs :-)

We need a pipe line south so we can have any left overs :-)

Been saying that for over 40 years with Lake Argyle in WA...Send it to the Pilbara and Carnarvon Basin for thousands of hectares of good growing soil...

Cheers, Bobj.

wish the polly's would listen to us people out in the real world. So much water wasted when there is so much drought. Think of all the land that could become productive if we could just get water to it. We don't need free trade agreements we need to be able to produce what we need right here in Aus.

wish the polly's would listen to us people out in the real world. So much water wasted when there is so much drought. Think of all the land that could become productive if we could just get water to it. We don't need free trade agreements we need to be able to produce what we need right here in Aus.

Aah, yes...Lotsa gold was discovered in the Kalgoorlie area and a bloke mentioned a pipeline from Mundaring to help those diggers. He was ridiculed for suggesting such a preposterous plan; so much so that he committed suicide just before a feasibilty plan was worked out. (or so I believe)

A few years later Kal got its pipeline.

Cheers, Bobj.

Archived