John Mason or Bournes or Doree Bonner

Ronansmyth

Hi All,

My wife and I are just planning for our move at the end of the year and have been gathering shipping quotes.

We went for three quotes, one from each of:

John Mason

Bournes

Doree Bonner

The quotes have come in practically identical in regards to cost. We are moving from London to Sydney, and at the moment we think that Doree Bonner came across best when we met them, but John Mason is London based (we need to get the house packed, but deliver a suitcase of winter clothes 2 weeks later) and they gave lots of advice about getting our things ready.

At the moment we are favouring John Mason, but were interested if anyone has feedback on the three (specifically of there is any reason to avoid any of them).

Thanks

Ronan

I did not book Doree Bonner but they were the receiving agent when I moved back to UK. I was not impressed, the crew were all under the age of 20 other than the crew leader who spent most of his time in the container. They didn't have a clue how to negotiate doorways, stairs, any angles with larger sized items.

They also just left things piled high in every room, the bed was piled up to the ceiling with clothes and bedding. We had a monstrous task when they had gone. It was my fourth international move and I know it is not their job to put things away, but I have never experienced anything like this and I have not been left with my house in such an utter mess when the packers have left before. In the past when clothes have been on hangers (as these were) the removers have put them in wardrobes, others have put plates in cupboards and just made a bit of effort to help. The teenagers of Doree Bonner did the absolute bare minimum.

Hi All,

My wife and I are just planning for our move at the end of the year and have been gathering shipping quotes.

We went for three quotes, one from each of:

John Mason

Bournes

Doree Bonner

The quotes have come in practically identical in regards to cost. We are moving from London to Sydney, and at the moment we think that Doree Bonner came across best when we met them, but John Mason is London based (we need to get the house packed, but deliver a suitcase of winter clothes 2 weeks later) and they gave lots of advice about getting our things ready.

At the moment we are favouring John Mason, but were interested if anyone has feedback on the three (specifically of there is any reason to avoid any of them).

Thanks

Ronan

We have opted for John Mason for our move in July. We also had quotes from Pickfords and Bishops Move. John Mason were the cheapest of the three. I am happy to provide an update on the service we received in due course though you may have made a decision by then. You seem to have gathered quotes early so there is a chance that they will all be modified by the time you go.