Working Holiday Visa Questions

Gemble29

Hi, I've just joined as my Husband and I are planning to go to Australia on a Working Holiday Visa in March 2016. I would ideally like to have a job in the field I am already in and I realise you can only work up to 6 months with any one employer. However, I have been on the VATASSESS website and it says that you should have an assessment if you want to do my particular role, even though it's not a skilled visa I will be on. Can someone confirm whether or not this is correct please? Thank you in advance!

Hi, I've just joined as my Husband and I are planning to go to Australia on a Working Holiday Visa in March 2016. I would ideally like to have a job in the field I am already in and I realise you can only work up to 6 months with any one employer. However, I have been on the VATASSESS website and it says that you should have an assessment if you want to do my particular role, even though it's not a skilled visa I will be on. Can someone confirm whether or not this is correct please? Thank you in advance!

You might need to get a licence or registration to work in your occupation (you have not said what it is, so don't know), but you won't need the skills assessment that people applying for skilled migration will undertake.

Agree with bungo below, you won't need to take a skills assessment if you already have a working holiday visa sorted. If you are looking to stay and work after your whv I would suggest the best thing to do is aim to gain sponsorship from an employer before you leave Aus. It all gets very complicated once you leave and try and get back again!

Thank you. Do you know whether you have to be a certain age (18-30) to apply for the second working holiday visa? There doesn't appear to be any restrictions mentioned on the website so I'm hoping that it just applies to the first one. My Husband will turn 31 in June 2016 so we would need to get out there sooner to complete the regional work before applying for the second.

You can also work for 6 months for the same employer on your 2nd WHV as you did on your first.

But if you apply early for the 2nd WHV and granted before the initial 12 months expired, you will still get 24 months time in Australia but the 2nd WHV conditions apply. So if worked for 2 months for an employer on your 1st WHV then 2nd WHV is granted (4 months before 1st WHV would have expired) you could continue to work for 6 months for same employer on 2nd WHV.

Archived