job offer in Sydney

Domenico Musto

Hello guys,

I've received a job offer in Sydney in the IT sector for 140 aud /year.

Is that a good salary considered the cost of living in Sydney ? I'm looking to rent a 1 bedroom flat not in the city centre, but not too far from the beach.

At the moment I'm living in London earning 80k pounds/year. Could I have the same sort of life style with 140k in Sydney ?

Thanks

thanks for your reply but that doesn't really answer my question:)

let me rephrase it, do you guys think that 140k is a good salary to live in Sydney ?

thanks

It is fine for a singleton, not so flash for a family. A lot depends on how you want to live your life.

It is most definitely not equivalent to 80k in London, you would want a good $160k for that and probably a bit more. But perhaps the life experience compensates for the lower income. You should ask if it includes super or not.

What would be an equivalent salary in London ?

andrew I've found the job in seek.com.au

You will notice tho that is quite rare to find company able to sponsor for the VISA

Depends - is that 140k including benefits? If you're on 80k in London try to aim as close to 160k and over as possible.

Hello,

that's 140k plus the 9% super.

I'm happy to earn a bit less compared to what I'm earning in London, I'm just wondering whether with 140k I can live a comfortable life such as renting a decent 1 bedroom apartment (even outside of the centre) not flat sharing,

eating out sometimes, having a car ?

Thanks

thank you.

what's the best website to look for apartment to rent in Sydney ? what district would you recommend ? I'm looking for something quite and nice, even not super close to the CBD...I've seen some nice places California style but I have no idea where that is.

thanks

What would be an equivalent salary in London ?

andrew I've found the job in seek.com.au

You will notice tho that is quite rare to find company able to sponsor for the VISA

Cheers, I have a 189 so I don't need sponsorship, im just wondering how hard it will be to get firms to take me seriously without being in OZ atm.

Hello,

it would be definitely easier if you were there but it's still doable from abroad

It took me 2 weeks to find a job being here in London, I've only found 2 companies able to sponsor me..so I think it will be easier for you.

How did you get the 189 ? What can you do with it ?

thanks

Hello,

it would be definitely easier if you were there but it's still doable from abroad

It took me 2 weeks to find a job being here in London, I've only found 2 companies able to sponsor me..so I think it will be easier for you.

How did you get the 189 ? What can you do with it ?

thanks

The only diff between the 189 & 190 is that the 189 is not sponsored and I could get the visa with 60 points and my skill was on the SOL.

With the 190 your role would have had to be on the CSOL and a state was willing to sponsor you to give you extra points (if needed), but you are required to stay in that state for 2 years (morally).

When things are clear here with this company I can start to make clear decisions on when to make the final move, really looking for a min of $120k upwards, seen a few that fit me well going for $160k so fingers crossed.

The other difference would be that for a 190 sponsored visa the company will pay for the fee, did you pay for the fee yourself ? how much did it cost ?

OK, I don't think that's the case for all 190's, 190's are state sponsored not company sponsored, i could be wrong though. I had to pay the full wack myself which cost me in region of £4k.

apologies, I thought you was on a 190, what visa did you get, a 186?

I have a few debts here I want to clear first if I can, I'm in negotiations with the current company to stay 1 more year at an extended rate, this way I can clear, pop over in Nov to validate and then make the final move with more cash in the bank next May.

Archived