189 visa lodged April 2015

Star447

I guess so. But i need my TRN right? I don't know my IMMI Acc detail, i've asked my agent to provide me, but she's not responding! N she must be bg to try a call to DIBP for me as it takes a long wait. But she told me last week that she had called and left message to CO, no resonse yet! Is it effective for a push? Jus Waiting and waiting.. Geting mad!!

• Replies 721
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi jac2011 I see you have already registered with aphra how did you do this if you don't mind me asking as on the application form they ask for an austrailian visa? am new to this site and lodged my visa application 189 today so fingers crosses we will be making the move in February. I have no job lined up at present but Iam a critical care nurse but would like to register or have the letter of eligibility to register before the move as heard it can be a nightmare. Congratulations on submitting ur visa it's exciting isn't it ?

I guess so. But i need my TRN right? I don't know my IMMI Acc detail, i've asked my agent to provide me, but she's not responding! N she must be bg to try a call to DIBP for me as it takes a long wait. But she told me last week that she had called and left message to CO, no resonse yet! Is it effective for a push? Jus Waiting and waiting.. Geting mad!!

You're still within the normal processing time, and your MA has already contacted DIBP. There's no point in you doing the same since they'd likely just tell you it's in process, normal processing times are xxxx and if they need more information they'll contact your MA.

You're still within the normal processing time, and your MA has already contacted DIBP. There's no point in you doing the same since they'd likely just tell you it's in process, normal processing times are xxxx and if they need more information they'll contact your MA.

Thanks MaggieMay24 ?

Rang up this morning, got through on 2nd attempt but mobile decided the mic was going to break so they hung up when they couldn't hear me. Rang from landline and never got through. 7AM is when the message goes to 'office closed'. :cry:

I doubt they are but anyone know if they're open Saturdays?

Rang up this morning, got through on 2nd attempt but mobile decided the mic was going to break so they hung up when they couldn't hear me. Rang from landline and never got through. 7AM is when the message goes to 'office closed'. :cry:

I doubt they are but anyone know if they're open Saturdays?

Tracker shows two grants on Saturday. I guess they work on Saturday, not sure though.

Hi jac2011 I see you have already registered with aphra how did you do this if you don't mind me asking as on the application form they ask for an austrailian visa? am new to this site and lodged my visa application 189 today so fingers crosses we will be making the move in February. I have no job lined up at present but Iam a critical care nurse but would like to register or have the letter of eligibility to register before the move as heard it can be a nightmare. Congratulations on submitting ur visa it's exciting isn't it 

Loulou you dont have to supply this. You just need to provide evidence of your name (passport and any name changes). I asked the same question hehe

Dear All,

I applied on 28th April2015 for 189, CO asked for additional documents on 17 June 2015, all the required documents have already been uploaded now, can some pls tell me how long will it take from now to grant the visa?? and after requesting for additional docs and granting 28 days time, when will the CO be getting back on my case??

Just heard from my MA that our nomination was approved today!

Both nomination and visa lodged on 2nd April.

One step closer! Fingers crossed for a speedy turn-around on the visa now :)

Best of luck to all x

Hello I lodged my File on 24/04/2015, with 65 points.

Its almost 3 months now,

I called Immigration 2 time and was advise the file is allocated to case officer and I have not missed any correspondence from him/her yet.

I have submitted all the required documentation as original scanned copy with 20 days of the file lodged,

If I do not get any email from case officer shall I take it positively that all documents been submitted and if Yes, When can I expect the decision???

Please advise.

Guys - There is no definite timeline by which a CO need to get back. It depends on individual case. Every case is different and is handled differently, so please be patience and wait for the CO contact or grant. If all the document are fine by CO, they usually run an internal check, which is nothing but verifying the claims that you have made, i.e. employment, education, personal details, police check etc. These checks are usually done by the Australian consulate in respective country and the timeline may depend on the level of details they are seeking (e.g. someone with history of just single employment will be faster compared to ones who has worked with multiple employers etc.). Apart from this, if one has traveled to multiple countries for short term, they may run into other checks. For high risk countries, there could be security check done as well, which is done by another department in Australia and may take bit long. All these factors makes it difficult for anyone to estimate the grant time, even CO at times may not be aware of when he/she will receive the required details to proceed with grant.

This is my personal View on visa timelines and I may be completely wrong here.

Guys - There is no definite timeline by which a CO need to get back. It depends on individual case. Every case is different and is handled differently, so please be patience and wait for the CO contact or grant. If all the document are fine by CO, they usually run an internal check, which is nothing but verifying the claims that you have made, i.e. employment, education, personal details, police check etc. These checks are usually done by the Australian consulate in respective country and the timeline may depend on the level of details they are seeking (e.g. someone with history of just single employment will be faster compared to ones who has worked with multiple employers etc.). Apart from this, if one has traveled to multiple countries for short term, they may run into other checks. For high risk countries, there could be security check done as well, which is done by another department in Australia and may take bit long. All these factors makes it difficult for anyone to estimate the grant time, even CO at times may not be aware of when he/she will receive the required details to proceed with grant.

This is my personal View on visa timelines and I may be completely wrong here.

This is a sensible post and like mickeyteg says it's virtually impossible to calculate because my application is different to yours which is different to the next person etc.

Mickeyteg explained everything. But I reckon if you email your CO, he's gonna have to get back to you with an update within 2 weeks as its part of his job. Wonder how many April applicants are still waiting for their grants. Its been 3 months and 9 days since I lodged my application...

Mickeyteg explained everything. But I reckon if you email your CO, he's gonna have to get back to you with an update within 2 weeks as its part of his job. Wonder how many April applicants are still waiting for their grants. Its been 3 months and 9 days since I lodged my application...

Saw a post from a Brit who worked as a contractor in Afghanistan for a few months. He applied for 189 in October 2014 and got granted yesterday after the external checks.

Saw a post from a Brit who worked as a contractor in Afghanistan for a few months. He applied for 189 in October 2014 and got granted yesterday after the external checks.

Oh my! 9 months! That's insane considering that most people load all required documents upfront and IMMI only need police clearance from countries in which one stayed for more than 1 year. Just think about having to wait that long without knowing the result. Hope that doesnt happen to any of us......

I'm starting to wonder how ASIO runs their external checks. Do they just run your name against some sort of database or do they actually require confirmation from security agencies of a particular country?

Oh my! 9 months! That's insane considering that most people load all required documents upfront and IMMI only need police clearance from countries in which one stayed for more than 1 year. Just think about having to wait that long without knowing the result. Hope that doesnt happen to any of us......

I'm starting to wonder how ASIO runs their external checks. Do they just run your name against some sort of database or do they actually require confirmation from security agencies of a particular country?

God knows what they do... but 9 months is too long a time for anyone to wait. Its not yet 3 months for me and I'm getting more frustrated as every day pass. I don't have a contact from CO to drop an email for him/her to respond in two weeks. When I called-up all they said is it is under process and nothing more than that. I wonder what really is happening.

CaptainC - Did you get thru them? If so, what did they say?

God knows what they do... but 9 months is too long a time for anyone to wait. Its not yet 3 months for me and I'm getting more frustrated as every day pass. I don't have a contact from CO to drop an email for him/her to respond in two weeks. When I called-up all they said is it is under process and nothing more than that. I wonder what really is happening.

CaptainC - Did you get thru them? If so, what did they say?

even I am not done with 3 mnths time, I applied for my visa on 28th April, CO requested Vaccination certificates for the whole family, PCC, Medical, updated CV & my wife's IELTS on 17th June, all of them uploaded before 28 days time and now I am waiting and its veru frustrating. Can u plz tell if CO will revert back to my case after 28 days on its own or I will have to ping him again?

even I am not done with 3 mnths time, I applied for my visa on 28th April, CO requested Vaccination certificates for the whole family, PCC, Medical, updated CV & my wife's IELTS on 17th June, all of them uploaded before 28 days time and now I am waiting and its veru frustrating. Can u plz tell if CO will revert back to my case after 28 days on its own or I will have to ping him again?

I believe I did try to answer your query yesterday in one of my previous post. No body can help you with a timeline here, we all are on same boat. Sorry to sound disappointed but that is what it is!

Archived