Visa validation issue

furious

Hi, I have Australian PR and at the moment I am working in EU . I have validated my visa but my wife and kids have not done validation trip. They have only one month left to do it. For some reasons its very difficult for us to go for my family's validation trip.

I have a plan to move permanently next year. But my family will join my in 2017 .

If we do not validate my wife's and kid's visas , then what are the consequences ?

Their visas will be cancelled and you'll need to apply for new ones. It'd be much cheaper in the long run for them to plan a quick trip with an immediate return. Not the most fun way to spend a couple of days, but worth the effort.

EDIT: To give you an idea, at the moment an on-shore partner visa with 2 dependents would cost $10,305 in visa fees alone. Plus the additional cost of new medical checks, police checks, etc.

Their visas will be cancelled and you'll need to apply for new ones. It'd be much cheaper in the long run for them to plan a quick trip with an immediate return. Not the most fun way to spend a couple of days, but worth the effort.

EDIT: To give you an idea, at the moment an on-shore partner visa with 2 dependents would cost $10,305 in visa fees alone. Plus the additional cost of new medical checks, police checks, etc.

If we are unable to make it . Do I lose my visa also ? or I can move later and sponsor my family ?

I personally think you should contact Immi. I don't think they would immediately cancel them but they would issue a 'notice of intention to cancel'. You should check directly with them though.

Maybe .. but then shortly after they will cancel them. So I am not sure how this would help the OP.

If we are unable to make it . Do I lose my visa also ? or I can move later and sponsor my family ?

It wouldn't be what I would do, but you could try this.

Recommend you do the maths and see if it is worth your OH validating and then just getting child visas later on - if you did decide to do this.

Hi, I have Australian PR and at the moment I am working in EU . I have validated my visa but my wife and kids have not done validation trip. They have only one month left to do it. For some reasons its very difficult for us to go for my family's validation trip.

I have a plan to move permanently next year. But my family will join my in 2017 .

If we do not validate my wife's and kid's visas , then what are the consequences ?

Putting them on the plane to Oz for a few days is a lot cheaper than getting a spouse visa for her and the kids. You don't even have to go with them, be mad not to validate!

If they don't validate their visas, it will have no impact on your visa. But you then need to pay the $10K+ to sponsor them. For less than that they can spend a couple of days on an airplane for a quick validation trip. I wouldn't hesitate for a second to make the validation trip.

Validate the visas and eliminate the future expense, stress and uncertainty.....it's a "no-brainer"

Archived