Not hearing back from interviews

paul2542

Ive recently been looking for a new job and had 6 interviews in the last few weeks, and I never heard back from 4 of them. Considering a couple of those where 2nd interviews im shocked and abit bemused. Its bad enough being rejected, but feels alot worse when they can't even be bothered to take 1 min to call you. I get that its a tough job market, but it don't get why you wouldn't call someone. Ive conducted heaps of interviews in my current role and not once have I failed to contact someone.

Is this the norm or am I missing something?

Ive recently been looking for a new job and had 6 interviews in the last few weeks, and I never heard back from 4 of them.

Is this the norm or am I missing something?

Call them up and ask them. It is just possible they haven't made a decision yet. But sometimes it's just plain rudeness. Ringing them up and asking them for feedback on why you weren't successful is one way of making the point that you expected to be contacted.

Only had it happen twice and both for the same company a couple of years apart. The funny thing was though that months after it happened the second time, they rang out of the blue to say they would like to offer me a couple of weeks work to cover for someone who was off. I had no work so said yes. They arranged a medical for the Friday, for me to start the Monday. But the Monday night, I got the job I am doing now, so had to ring on the Monday to say I wont be getting on the plane. They were not happy, but I think it was a nice sort of karma for how they had treated me.

Archived