skills assessment for secondary teaching

starsailor2

I am wishing to start the EOI process and require a skills assessment As a secondary teacher. I contacted my old uni who say they do not hold transcripts from twenty years ago nor details of teaching practice duration and type.

However can provide a confirmation letter saying title of degree and years studied.

I do have my original degree certificate.

I work as a secondary teacher and have been in this role for twenty years.

I contacted the body responsible for skills assessment for teaching explaining my situation to which I was reminded of the requirements for transcript and teaching practice details. I feel like I'm getting nowhere .... This must happen more than just with me and there must be a solution. I'm amazed at the almost rude emails I receive from the skills assessment board for teaching. It really is starting to put me off the process that's hard enough now with ielts skills assess and no guarantee .

The red tape is amazing. Does Australia want skilled workers... Not from where I'm standing.

Rant over. I'd be grateful if anyone had any advice or has known this situation happen and had a solution.

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

It was several decades ago and my UK Uni didn't do the sort of transcripts that the Aussies wanted either but I signed a Stat Dec which they accepted. They may be prepared to accept one - if you can remember what you did all those years ago!

and in answer to your question, no they may not want teachers - there is a surfeit of local unemployed graduate teachers unfortunately.

I am wishing to start the EOI process and require a skills assessment As a secondary teacher. I contacted my old uni who say they do not hold transcripts from twenty years ago nor details of teaching practice duration and type.

However can provide a confirmation letter saying title of degree and years studied.

I do have my original degree certificate.

I work as a secondary teacher and have been in this role for twenty years.

I contacted the body responsible for skills assessment for teaching explaining my situation to which I was reminded of the requirements for transcript and teaching practice details. I feel like I'm getting nowhere .... This must happen more than just with me and there must be a solution. I'm amazed at the almost rude emails I receive from the skills assessment board for teaching. It really is starting to put me off the process that's hard enough now with ielts skills assess and no guarantee .

The red tape is amazing. Does Australia want skilled workers... Not from where I'm standing.

Rant over. I'd be grateful if anyone had any advice or has known this situation happen and had a solution.

Thanks

Could you try your university again, maybe you were just unlucky and got the wrong person. I got transcripts that were almost twenty years ago with no issue at all, so I presume many other people have been able to as well and perhaps that why the skills assessment body not so forgiving.

And it might be worth taking a reality check if you think Australia is any great need of your skills or you could be in for a shock. Many people will struggle for work despite being on the skills list and definitely teaching seems to be one of the worst for that. I guess it is still on the list becuase it keeps the door open for maths and science teachers.

You could obtain an official letter from your old uni detailing your course and what was studied. Speak to your old university once more and perhaps they could even connect you with the person who was your supervisor during teaching pracs, who could also confirm that you had a minimum of 45 days supervised teaching time. That should suffice.

There is a need for maths,science and design and technology teachers here, but otherwise Australia is not really crying out for teachers. Keep pushing on though and don't give up.

Archived