Money Transfers

CarlyM

We will be transferring our funds from Australia to UK after many years living here.

Does anyone have any recommendations on the best money transfer deals or methods? I'm aware of Money Corp but would welcome other recommendations.

Thanks.

Carly.

Guest John from Moneycorp
Hi Carly,

We're using HiFX. We used them when we came to Australia and they were very good - no issues. I've no experience with Moneycorp except that I did make enquiries but never got a response.

Hope this helps.

Kat xx

Hi Kat

Please could you private message me with more details? Seems very strange you never got a response.

Thanks

John

Hi Kat

Please could you private message me with more details? Seems very strange you never got a response.

Thanks

John

No details as such, John - I just made an enquiry to you via this forum in the money transfer section and got no response.

Kat x

We will be transferring our funds from Australia to UK after many years living here.

Does anyone have any recommendations on the best money transfer deals or methods? I'm aware of Money Corp but would welcome other recommendations.

Thanks.

Carly.

Hi Carly, sent you a PM, but worth posting publicly.

We used UKForex (from UK to Oz, but there is also Ozforex (although both the same effectively)

There is a referral on both sites, 50GBP Amazon on UK, $50 iTues on Oz (typical poor value in Oz !)

Check it out. PM me if you want to do a referral

http://www.ukforex.co.uk/personal/refer-a-friend

Cheers

Hi Carly, sent you a PM, but worth posting publicly.

We used UKForex (from UK to Oz, but there is also Ozforex (although both the same effectively)

There is a referral on both sites, 50GBP Amazon on UK, $50 iTues on Oz (typical poor value in Oz !)

Check it out. PM me if you want to do a referral

http://www.ukforex.co.uk/personal/refer-a-friend

Cheers

Thanks, I will look into it.

I remember doing a direct bank transfer from my Australian bank straight to my UK bank account. There was a small fee, but it was not much at all. You just need to know the IBAN (International Bank Account Number) and Sort code and Account number etc.

You can find the IBN here; https://www.iban.com/

In Westpac log in an go to 'payments' 'add payee', then select the international option and fill in the blanks.

I will see if I can find out how much it cost me in fees. Might be worth a shot if you only have to make one or two payments. (Not sure also wethere there is a limit per transaction however.)

Edited by H283

Guest John from Moneycorp
Update; Westpac charge a flat fee of $32 for international money transfers.

With Moneycorp, we waive transfer fees for forum members (so free) and absorb the receiving charge/fee too in most instances - along with getting a good exchange rate, it's a very competitive deal.

If you do contact us, please register through the Poms in Oz currency zone or mention Poms in Oz when contacting us.

Thanks

John

Thanks.

Carly.

You need to start monitoring the exchange rate, the dollar has slid a lot from the beginning of 2014 and has slid further since december but has put a little spurt on in the last week or so, just a small movement can make a big difference on a few thousand, Hifix I have found very helpful, you need to make sure your bank will clear large payments as you have to normally pay the currency deal within 3 or 4 days or get caught in penalties, worth checking out, it only needs a phone call to hifix and a visit to the bank.

The pound may stay weak with the upcoming uk election

Edited by BacktoDemocracy

• 1 month later...

I would check with your bank, sometimes the rates aren't that much worse and for piece of mind it is often better. That's what I did with HSBC. We have recently started thinking about heading back actually, are you moving back from the Sunshine Coast?