Re queensland or sydney

roxytu

We are off to aussie at some point this year with a 457 visa, the company I will be working for has offices in both Queensland and Sydney. With 2 children 14yrs and 10yrs , I need to take into account public school fees. I have found info for Sydney , but no prices for Queensland. Is Queensland cheaper for public schools.Thanks

Queensland cheaper for everything! Except maybe a cup of coffee, I found that more expensive up there.

I lived on Sydney, but if I had the choice, I would have gone to Queensland in a heartbeat. That is because it suited my interests better, but I really would recommend you look deeper than school fees, perhaps negotiate for those with the employer.

We are off to aussie at some point this year with a 457 visa, the company I will be working for has offices in both Queensland and Sydney. With 2 children 14yrs and 10yrs , I need to take into account public school fees. I have found info for Sydney , but no prices for Queensland. Is Queensland cheaper for public schools.Thanks

Do you mean public schools in the English sense (i.e. private schools) or state schools? As far as I'm aware, there's not a huge difference.

Wow thanks Qzmaniac and everyone else for your advise, looks like Queensland is the place with no school fees,.Time to start looking for rentals property prices!!!

Ah, I think we assumed you'd already done that! Should've guessed, because you probably wouldn't even be asking the question about Sydney if you'd checked the rentals. There is a huge differential between rents in Sydney and anywhere in Queensland, with Qld being much cheaper.

Why do some people make assumptions about what other people can afford ?

Obviously a lot of people rent in Sydney.

Not making assumptions on what they can afford at all. Just it appears he is making his decision based on cost, and the cost differential for rent between Sydney and anywhere in Qld is huge.

Archived