Where to live in Perth??

mintpro

Hi All,

Myself and my partner are moving to Perth this May (so excited!!!) and I am hunting down information on where to live and look for houses. We will be staying with my aunt first so will get to have a look at the suburbs before committing but I want to do as much planning as I can. Because of our jobs we will need to live near Jandakot airport. As long as we are within a 15-20 minute drive we'd be happy. Money wise we'd be looking at max $450 mark. Anyone have any experience on the suburbs around there?

Cheers

What type of lifestyle are you looking for? If I were you I would be happy to travel a bit further to work to live in a nice area. Not to say there aren't some nice areas near Jandakot but I would be having a good look round Coogee and the suburbs near there. The government have been spending loads on the beach front, surf club, park and marina at Coogee and it's nice and going to be nicer. Might be a bit more than $450K but if you can get a few more thousand together it will be well worth it in the long run. It wouldn't take that long to get to Jandakot from there.

Good idea to come and have a good look round though, I think a lot of people rush into getting a house without doing enough research. Good luck, might be a bit cool in May but it should still fell like decent weather coming from the UK.:cool:

Hi, thankyou for your replies. I was thinking about renting at first but the idea will be to buy eventually. I think the fact we can look around once we are there is a huge help. I don't think I could buy without seeing the area first and then again and again....!

We are not the nightclub and late nights type of people. We do enjoy our walks and outdoor activities and some peaceful, quiet times at home. Probably not for everyone but each to their own :) P.S. we have no kids either and no plan to have any in the near and distance future so not too worried about schools etc.

Thank you Paul1Perth. We will make sure Coogee and the coast are on our list. We do like the idea of living near the beach and I love the fact the weather lets you use the beach so much more. We are actually travelling over from NZ and I am basing the rent to what we earn and spend here. Hopefully with the jobs we are looking at we end up with a little more to spend on houses to rent and eventually buy.

Archived