189 Visa Lodged March 2015

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We were asked to get our medicals done today. Does anyone know how significant this request is or is it just part of the process?

Part of the process. If you haven't done them yet, then you will need to do the medicals as part of your application.

now it is fair enough to be so excited for all march applicants..... two direct grants on 13th and one on 9th ( I lodged in the same day).... some day in this week might be one of the happiest day in our life, so good luck my friends in chasing your dreams.

Thanks atlas, what i meant was, does it indicate that theyre ready to approve subject to medical?

they need your medical results to proceed your application so do it ASAP. If they didn't ask any other documents then this must be the last document that they need to grant your application. good luck with your medicals PlasticPete...

Edited by Dreamboy

Thank you to all the congrats, Wish you all good luck.

Two of my friends who also lodged early March were told their apps are under internal checks when they called IMMI (before that no email from CO was received), so could possibly drop a call if the waiting time is too long.

they need your medical results to proceed your application so do it ASAP. If they didn't ask any other documents then this must be the last document that they need to grant your application. good luck with your medicals PlasticPete...

Fantastic, thats exactly what i wanted to hear. Best of luck to you too.

Congratulations!! When/where are you headed out there?
Thanks! Heading out in September (I've previously been in Melbourne which was great).

City is TBC, I have family in Brisbane but a lot depends on job opportunities and a couple of years back it wasn't the best IT market.

Hope all all of you get your grants soon. Going by the tracker, this looks very likely!
Can you link me to the tracker?

Sure bud.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AkrdCphtU8u-dGJQSWROUlZ0bThIaUF2VW9zdUZmMlE#gid=277

I have lived in Melbourne for quite a bit now and have been to Brisbane as well, you would love either of these cities. Jobs wise, Melbourne is where it's at, possibly Sydney as well but haven't been there. Congratulations and good luck!

Thanks! I've had the pleasure of being to those three (and Perth, how in the middle of nowhere is that place?) beire. Melbourne was fabulous and a great IT market but family is always a stong pull.

At least you'll have loads more jobs to choose from than me no matter where you go. As a bloke with an Aerospace Engineering degree, I clearly didn't do my due diligence regarding job prospects in Australia, lol.

Did you get the speil about 'local experience'? It does take time and a lot of employers will pass if you don't have it.

That is true, even experience from UK is highly regarded though. I have local work experience but its not in my field. In fact, I have zero experience in my field, just the academic qualification. My next step would be to get a professional internship through Navitas, they take $2000 and get you a 12 week unpaid internship, you should check it out. An aussie friend of mine did it and worked out pretty well for him.

http://www.navitas-careers-and-internships.com/programs/professional-internship-program/

Hopefully this will give me a chance to change my specialization from Aerospace to Mechanical, give me some field specific 'local experience' and compensate for the 3 years of f-all I have done since graduating ;) Probably won't be enough still but a decent 'next step'. Although if you DO have experience in your field, I think you'll be fine.

Hi Guys

I lodged my application 11/03/2015, I have uploaded everything form 80 and medicals but its been so long I have not herd anything from the immigration. Since I lodged it with my lawyer I have no way of checking the progress. My lawyer is saying it might be even July when I hear from them? I don't even know if I have got CO assigned yet! This wait is frustrating me. Checking the threads some who lodged in March have got direct visa grants. :(

Is there anyway I can check the progress of my application?

Hi Guys

I lodged my application 11/03/2015, I have uploaded everything form 80 and medicals but its been so long I have not herd anything from the immigration. Since I lodged it with my lawyer I have no way of checking the progress. My lawyer is saying it might be even July when I hear from them? I don't even know if I have got CO assigned yet! This wait is frustrating me. Checking the threads some who lodged in March have got direct visa grants. :(

Is there anyway I can check the progress of my application?

To be fair, its only been 50 days so nothing to get worried about. The march grants are from 1st to 14th and not all are processed, yours is on the 11th andshould be processed anyday now.

Follow the tracker, you'll be less worried ;)https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AkrdCphtU8u-dGJQSWROUlZ0bThIaUF2VW9zdUZmMlE#gid=54

Edited by parthvader89