Feeling brave so thought i'd introduce myself!

newtoallofthis

Hi everyone, I must admit I have been reading posts for quite a while, too nervous to join in!

I am looking to move to Aus with my partner who is an Australian living in the UK at the moment, along with my two children. And long term plan is for my parents to come over eventually too!

Not sure when we will officially get the ball rolling, so for now I'm just wanting to be a sponge and get all the information I can from you guys as you are all so knowledgeable on the subject!

Hope to speak to you all soon :)

There are certainly lots of great places to live in and around Sydney. Hope your plans all fall into place and that your move goes smoothly when the time comes.

There are lots of helpful people on the forum so don't be afraid of jumping in and asking questions. Most people don't bite :smile:

Ignore the number of posts showing against the 'old hands' (I'm far too young to be an 'old hand!) We are all only as good as our last post anyway, so should probably go back to 'zero', and jump straight in! Post what you want, within reason! Welcome to the forum and welcome, in advance, to Sydney!

Thanks everyone, could someone point me in the right direction.. I'm wondering about moving my kids away from their (useless) biological father. Where should I post for advice on this?

There have been numerous threads on this subject and some on here with personal experience. Essentially though you will need the father's permission to take the kids to Australia or, failing this, agreement by the courts. Unless someone can post you a link to one I recommend starting a new thread.

I assume that you will have no issue with the partner visa in terms of length of relationship but these are taking upwards of a year now to process so not sure what your intended timeline is but will need to factor this in too.

There are also limited options potentially for your parents to follow you there.

Archived