189 Visa for nurse, help please....

Lucie1

This is the visa I am going to apply for. I am a nurse

I have got this right : Apply to APHRA, once I receive my registration form then apply for my skills assessment with ANMAC. Now because I would have APHRA registration at this point, would I then only need to apply for a modified assessment ?? Also, would I need to complete the IELTS ? as ANMAC's FAQ says no, but I'm confused.

Then gain medicals, once this is done and lodge my application I have to pay the first fee. Does any know what this would be ? I cant find first instalment cost anywhere.

If ur registered wth ahpra u only need to do modified assesment..but I had to show up in person to finalize ahpra registration..but Ive heard of sum ppl gettin round this n bein fully registered wthout going to aus office. U dnt need ielts for modified assessment or ahpra if ur from uk but sum ppl need it to get the extra points for visa. When u lodge visa u pay full cost at that time, their is no installments. Also u can do medicals after u lodge application n wait for them to be requested if u want.

If ur registered wth ahpra u only need to do modified assesment..but I had to show up in person to finalize ahpra registration..but Ive heard of sum ppl gettin round this n bein fully registered wthout going to aus office. U dnt need ielts for modified assessment or ahpra if ur from uk but sum ppl need it to get the extra points for visa. When u lodge visa u pay full cost at that time, their is no installments. Also u can do medicals after u lodge application n wait for them to be requested if u want.

I am a Registered Nurse, currently still in the UK, but also registered with AHPRA. I got my registration in 2010 and had to do the IELT'S test to get my registration despite being English and having an English degree. I didn't have to go in person to an Australian office to finalise anything. My partner and I are moving to Australia in December (spouse 309/100 visa) will I need to complete a skills assessment before I can work?

I am a Registered Nurse, currently still in the UK, but also registered with AHPRA. I got my registration in 2010 and had to do the IELT'S test to get my registration despite being English and having an English degree. I didn't have to go in person to an Australian office to finalise anything. My partner and I are moving to Australia in December (spouse 309/100 visa) will I need to complete a skills assessment before I can work?

If you are currently registered with AHPRA you don't need anything else when arriving on a Spouse Visa. Just keep your registration current and you can work anywhere in Oz, no need for a skills assessment - thats only if you need a skills visa.

If you are currently registered with AHPRA you don't need anything else when arriving on a Spouse Visa. Just keep your registration current and you can work anywhere in Oz, no need for a skills assessment - thats only if you need a skills visa.

That's good news, thanks very much!

That's good news, thanks very much!

No problem, my husband did the same as you recently, came over on a Spouse Visa already registered, and got a job easily.

One thing you may want to consider - keep your UK regustration paid for - its easier than trying to get it back if you ever go home to work. Same thing with AHPRA - once you have it, keep it going, don't let it lapse!

I've managed to get a letter from my school confirming I was taught & assessed in English over a 5 yr period therefore do I still need to do IELTS?

I'm hearing a lot of conflicting information

I'm 36, have a nursing degree & hope to go on a PR Visa

Cheers : )

Proof of English studies for 5 years is only used to avoid the extra VAC fees for secondary applicants who don't have an eligible passport or IELTS.

If you are the primary applicant, you need either an approved English test result of Competent English to qualify for a visa or have an eligible passport (UK, Canada, USA, NZ, Ireland). If you want to claim points for English, then you need an approved English test with the required scores for Proficient English or Superior ENglish.

Archived