Police and Health Checks

Jobee1

Hi

Help appreciated please.

Does anyone have any UK experience and can answer for me...

1. Do DIBP tend to ask for Police and medical checks/clearance?

2. If these are not ready at the time you apply for a visa, can the visa be rejected due to information being submitted after the 60 day limit?

3. Any idea how long it takes to get a Police check in the UK?

Many Thanks

Jobee1

Hi

Help appreciated please.

2. If these are not ready at the time you apply for a visa, can the visa be rejected due to information being submitted after the 60 day limit?

Many Thanks

Jobee1

1. PCCs and medicals are mandatory for all permanent and provisional visas. 457 applicants only need medicals and PCCs in some cases - depends on your answers in the application.

2. You don't ever need to provide medicals or PCCs at the time of applying for a visa. You can wait until they are requested or you can provide them earlier if you wish.

3. No idea.

Hi

Help appreciated please.

Many Thanks

Jobee1

Hi,

DIBP requested the information and then gave us a months window to get these sorted and the results uploaded to them, should you have any problems or delays for whatever reason you can request an extension. We have just had to do this as my OH had a driving offence from 30 years ago and we have had to request a detailed summary of the offence from the police which can take 40 days for PCC to reply to. Tense moment as we have not had a reply for this extn and would be nice to know if others have experienced the same and how long it did did take to the subject access results back.

The police check states it takes 10 days from the request date (date they received it). Ours took 12 working days max. Should you then require a subject access form that is when it can take an additional 40 days.

• 3 months later...

Going round in circles - someone please help!

So I have started the application for 189 visa, and have just booked my medicals for a date in July- should I have waited until the visa application is lodged and asked to do this? Or is it ok to just go ahead and do this? And is this same for police checks? Sorry if this is just repeating info but it is so frickin' confusing!!!

Thanks folks!

Going round in circles - someone please help!

So I have started the application for 189 visa, and have just booked my medicals for a date in July- should I have waited until the visa application is lodged and asked to do this? Or is it ok to just go ahead and do this? And is this same for police checks? Sorry if this is just repeating info but it is so frickin' confusing!!!

Thanks folks!

They will contact you when they want the medicals and police checks. They then give you time to get them done. Alternatively, you can do them before they ask for them and send them in. The risk of doing so is that you must make the first entry to Oz within 12 months of the medical / police check - which ever is the sooner. So, if your visa takes longer to process than normal, which happens, you can face having little time to get to Oz

Archived