holiday first or just emigrate ??

Lucie1

Thanks all.. I am an ITU nurse so thought I would have to travel for work but I do this in the UK therefore not an issue. Neither myself or my husband have jobs lined up, I want to settle kids first and he will look shortly after arrival. This sounds crazy I know but hey ho we only live once... Any advice on homes as I been looking into renting a holiday home for first month then looking for a long term rental on arrival.. Thanks again all this site is really helpful.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have never been to Australia. We are just gonna go for it. Hoping to fly out September and heading to Perth.

That's the way to do it. There's nothing to lose. Do you have a plan in place? Jobs? Accommodation? Friends/family already here?

• 1 month later...

Hi zoks, we have friends in Madura so heading there first, no jobs lined up going to settle children in first and look when we ready treating it as a 12 month trial period really, hoping to rent a holiday home for a month while we look for a long term rental, just wondering if you know how easy it is to rent a property with no jobs however we could pay a years rent upfront.... Just going for it really now or never ......Thanks

thanks bobj !! your only here once, I was quite scared and worried for a while, but hubby scott is not and has not worried the whole time we have been doing this, so im going to take a leaf out of his book and chill out, as long as we are together, who cares where we are !! in the sunshine would be lovely tho, instead of pissy England lol !!

Good luck to you guys that is exactly the stance we have taken, we've just started the process but we're already excited.