FBI clearance

bobby122

Hi guys,

Today I sealed the envelope of my FBI clearance application ready for posting tomorrow. I'd been having trouble finding somewhere to do fingerprints (all the local police stations charge for 72 pounds for 1 set), in the end I got my stepdad who is ex-police to do a few sets of them - but the amount of rejected applications I've read about is worrying! Anyway, the process time is around 12-16 weeks, my police checks aren't due until June so thought I'd just get it done and hopefully all sorted for then.

Has anyone else sent your FBI clearance off lately? Anyone been waiting a while? Any experiences of rejections?

Hi guys,

Today I sealed the envelope of my FBI clearance application ready for posting tomorrow. I'd been having trouble finding somewhere to do fingerprints (all the local police stations charge for 72 pounds for 1 set), in the end I got my stepdad who is ex-police to do a few sets of them - but the amount of rejected applications I've read about is worrying! Anyway, the process time is around 12-16 weeks, my police checks aren't due until June so thought I'd just get it done and hopefully all sorted for then.

Has anyone else sent your FBI clearance off lately? Anyone been waiting a while? Any experiences of rejections?

So in theory anyone with an inkpad, and a bit of time watching CSI to learn how to roll a finger, can take prints on the FBI form? Sorry but it sounds a bit dodgy to me :shocked:

My partners FBI clearance took 3.5 months. When they finally looked at it they advised him he didn't pay the application, he only paid for the fingerprints and return postage. He then forwarded on the correct payment and they told us they would have to start a whole new application which would take another 3 months. So after almost 7 months waiting we finally got it back last week and have uploaded it so just waiting on a reply from immigration now.

• 1 month later...
Hi guys,

That is steep for taking a set of fingerprints. Whenever my wife or I have requested (for PCC from Japan) the local police (in Scotland) have done it for free! Strange the difference!

Hope things go smoothly for you anyway!

We posted our FBI over around the 3rd week of March. Yes, I have written confirmation from the FBI that you are allowed to take the fingerprints by yourself on a printed FD 258 form.

"You can capture your own fingerprints however we suggest a professional. If the fingerprints are not captured correctly, the processing time will be delayed"

They do not even specify the type of paper to be used for printing.

"We do not require any special paper for the process. Regular printer paper is fine."

We did our fingerprints ourselves, and sent them across. There's no way of knowing whether they are accepted or not until your credit card is charged I think. That would take at least 8 weeks from what I have read around. So we're in the waiting game now. However, we haven't received our invitation yet (EOI submitted on 23/03/2015 with 60 pts)... so fingers crossed for the next round... Anyone know what the chances are of being invited on April 24th?

We posted our FBI over around the 3rd week of March. Yes, I have written confirmation from the FBI that you are allowed to take the fingerprints by yourself on a printed FD 258 form.

"You can capture your own fingerprints however we suggest a professional. If the fingerprints are not captured correctly, the processing time will be delayed"

"We do not require any special paper for the process. Regular printer paper is fine."

We did our fingerprints ourselves, and sent them across. There's no way of knowing whether they are accepted or not until your credit card is charged I think. That would take at least 8 weeks from what I have read around. So we're in the waiting game now. However, we haven't received our invitation yet (EOI submitted on 23/03/2015 with 60 pts)... so fingers crossed for the next round... Anyone know what the chances are of being invited on April 24th?

Looks like we sent them off around the same time Silverchair, keep us updated as to when your payment gets taken!

What kind of ink did you use?

Surely you can't do that? Dosn't someone official at the police staion have to verify your identity when they take the prints?

SO how do they know whose prints they've got? I mean if I had a record in the USA I'd get a mate to give their fingerprints, I certainly wouldn't be submitting mine :arghh:

Of course they have your fingerprints on file if you've lived there with your corresponding date of birth and other details! You can't get away with submitting another person's fingerprints.

Of course they have your fingerprints on file if you've lived there with your corresponding date of birth and other details! You can't get away with submitting another person's fingerprints.

I've never lived there so I wasn't aware that the FBI had a copy of all the prints of people who have lived in the US! When fo they take them? When you start school or start work or What?

What kind of ink did you use?

We used a couple of different types of ink. ... flamingo and Lee inkless pads gave the clearest set. There is a document somewhere on the fbi site which shows with pictures the prints that are accepted and rejected. And also the codes to be used to fill the form.

What email address did you use to contact FBI to ask for clarifications. Can I have the FBI email address. Thanks

I've never lived there so I wasn't aware that the FBI had a copy of all the prints of people who have lived in the US! When fo they take them? When you start school or start work or What?

I think they need them to get your social security number, but I'm not sure. ..

Archived