The exact moment you realised you had to move back?

JonCooper2

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hah! My English wife says we are going to live in Australia if UKIP ever get elected or form a coalition. There are worse things than Abbott.

UKIP thankfully aren't likely to get more than 3 or 4 seats so won't be part of any coalition unless it is just to make up the numbers. They aren't going to be able to influence anything, beats me why people are going to waste their votes on them. Not sure if the idea of UKIP is worse than Abbott though.

Was thinking about this topic a few days and thinking what to write. I think it is a combination of factors. Currently it is the clock watching, to see when friends in the UK will be up. So that I can talk to them at a decent time. People who you have shared many a fond memory with and who you have things in common with. Talking about things like a rusty car and the work that needs doing on her :) We watch programs about the UK and think what if. We are already looking forward to our holiday in the UK and have a counter app to tell us how long it will be.

Don't get it wrong, we like Australia and know that there will be things that we will miss about it. However, now we have the passport, if we decide to come back later, we can. Just at the moment, it does not feel right to be here.

Archived