What's your Top 5 things.............

Major Tom

Funny you say that, I have heard of this happening also, but there is Dept Collection Agencies that will chase you to Oz also!!

Its the sort of things thieves and criminals do, you know, the type of people that used to come to Aus for less than 10 quid. Would never enter my head to do such a thing, much prefer to leave and start with a clean sheet, a clear conscience and a happy heart.

We brought almost all ours (except for things which were past their best before date like tv and fridge) we even bought a second lounge suite and got it delivered to the shippers yard, it got to the point when trying to sort out what to bring or leave that it became more cost effective to get a container and bring it all, and what was not needed we could throw away in OZ, But I have to say when we unpacked it was like Christmas again with the added bonus that we had a complete home straight away. There are, even to this day, some odd things we miss which were left behind especially my man shed stuff.

Personally, I cannot see a cost saving in buying new stuff in OZ it is really surprising how much even the little things in life add up, like coat hangers, cutlery, but then we had a 4 bed house and two teenage kids, I suppose coming from a 1 bed flat with no children would be different.

Hi @Keith and Linda,

We are a family of 6, so we are of the same feeling, take the whole lot and sort when we arrive. For your size family, did you fill a whole container, because I am trying to bring a VW Campervan, Motorbike and a 4 bed house............and lots of stuff from my Man Cave!

Cheers MT

Hi @Keith and Linda,

We are a family of 6, so we are of the same feeling, take the whole lot and sort when we arrive. For your size family, did you fill a whole container, because I am trying to bring a VW Campervan, Motorbike and a 4 bed house............and lots of stuff from my Man Cave!

Cheers MT

We had a container to ourselves, 4 bed house contents and we even bought an extra 3 piece suite (3, 2 & 1 seaters) all gardening gear and some man shed stuff, I think your bike could be ok but

campervan will stuff things up space wise in the container though!

Good luck with everything, hope all goes really well for you.

Keith

• 3 weeks later...
What's your Top 5 things you had wished you had done before arriving in Australia from the UK?

1) Spent more time exploring the country

2) Spent more time tasting and appreciating British "traditional" cheeses, ciders and beers

3) Had more sex with Englishmen!

4) Taken more advantage of "Duty Free" one-day trips to France

5) Eaten more Spotted Dick.........in more ways than one!

2) Spent more time tasting and appreciating British "traditional" cheeses, ciders and beers

N

HaHa! :-)

It's the spotted ones you want to stay away from lol

Actually no. I wrote this last night when drunk. Scrap that off my list.

Although the Spotted Dick comment is true. There are so many traditional British puddings I could have indulged in and learnt how to cook properly. Nobody makes them out here. Whilst I do like Lamingtons, just occasionally I really want to buy things like Spotted Dick, Bread & Butter Pudding, Jam Roly Poly Pudding, Knickerbocker Glory, Eccles Cake, Figgy Pudding, Tipsy Trifle, Lemon Syllabub and so on.

[h=2][/h]

• 3 weeks later...

Archived