Depends on your area of expertise. Have a few friends in .NET, front-end/full stack, app development. All pretty happy.

Don't be too fussy with your first job offer and you should be fine in the long run.

I was interested in general, but to be precise, web development full stack, PHP or Java, JavaScript, AngularJs ....

I was interested in general, but to be precise, web development full stack, PHP or Java, JavaScript, AngularJs ....

Quite a few opportunities in Sydney and Melbourne. PHP is still popular for a lot of legacy stuff and CMS'es. Java for enterprise stuff. Seen quite a few openings for MEAN stack projects as well. Join various local meetup groups in Sydney and Melbourne for leads.

www.seek.com.au

My impression is that the Brisbane market is not as good as Melbourne and Sydney. I lived in Brisbane for a year (2013-2014), where I was stationed through my Norwegian employer. At that time, the Brisbane marked was tough, as the mining industry was struggling.

I'm back in Norway now, but miss Brisbane and would like to move back. So I'm also interested in hearing how the market is now.

I really liked Brisbane and the climate is great, except that it gets very humid from November to February. The city itself is nice, and it's got that small town feeling, even though it's a relatively big city.

Seek is full of fake job ads, that is my impression based on what people are saying on expatforum and whirlpool.

I honestly doubt that. Each listing on seek costs a couple hundred dollars to the employer. It's not a free site where people just post random stuff. It is probably the go-to site for most employment in Australia.

Seek is full of fake job ads, that is my impression based on what people are saying on expatforum and whirlpool.

Can anyone comment on Brisbane? Its interesting for me because of its climate! I am sick of seriously cold and cloudy weather here in Oslo.

I was wondering if you were Norwegian with the flag on display. Don't worry summer is around the corner. Norwegians I have met in Australia funny as it may sound, actually missed the winters and skiing and sleds and whatever else you do over there.