Arrival Accommodation Help!

StuartandElaine

Airbnb is great, you get a discount for longer stays over a month and you only need to give one months notice to leave.

Plus you pay first month rent up front but Airbnb holds the cash until move in day so pretty secure.

We have booked somewhere in Sydney for 3 months but it gives us the option if we find the right place to leave with months notice.

The rental cost for the studio we are renting is actually around the same price as renting in the same area.

Airbnb is great, you get a discount for longer stays over a month and you only need to give one months notice to leave.

Plus you pay first month rent up front but Airbnb holds the cash until move in day so pretty secure.

We have booked somewhere in Sydney for 3 months but it gives us the option if we find the right place to leave with months notice.

The rental cost for the studio we are renting is actually around the same price as renting in the same area.

It's also a bit of a gamble. I've not done any long term bookings, only 2-3 nights here, and up to a week there, all in Sydney since arriving 3 weeks back.

But there is no guarantee that the place is anything like the photos, or that there will be any particular service standard, or come-back for that matter. All you can go on is the reviews. So committing yourself to 3 months could be a shot in the dark?

Plus I was under the impression that the T&Cs are pretty much down to the hosts, rather than the system?

I've actually enjoyed my Airbnb stays so far, but a couple of them have been massively over-priced for the place you get. Still, had to book everything at very short notice, and beggars can't be choosers!

@djfuddy I'm curious where you've booked.... would you mind PMing me the Airbnb page? I feel like I've looked at every Sydney property on that website in the last 6 weeks! :)

We booked a place in Rockdale that looks nice. It's a bit further out but it's on the trainline. 25 mins to CBD I think (or a little walk to Wolli Creek) -

It might have huge jets flying overhead though. But we had less options as we needed a place that would take a dog too.

We nearly went for a place in Balmain, but it looked like it might be a bit of a squeeze for the 5 of us and our dog.

I contacted pretty much every place on airbnb in Sydney! Lots of units - if that suits your purposes.

Archived