Is the visa application easier than skills assessment?

Mazza227

As the title says really, husband is applying for 189 visa and so far has done qualification in painting/decorating. Also done ielts which he got what he needed for the 189. Now the TRA paperwork has been sent back to our agent so hopefully that will be fine. But the process so far has been quite time consuming obtaining references, and doing the qualification etc.

I was reading someone else's post earlier about preparing paperwork ready for 189, and it seems that we probably have most of the hard bits done so far. (Or maybe that's me just being hopefull)!!:huh:

• 2 weeks later...
As the title says really, husband is applying for 189 visa and so far has done qualification in painting/decorating. Also done ielts which he got what he needed for the 189. Now the TRA paperwork has been sent back to our agent so hopefully that will be fine. But the process so far has been quite time consuming obtaining references, and doing the qualification etc.

I was reading someone else's post earlier about preparing paperwork ready for 189, and it seems that we probably have most of the hard bits done so far. (Or maybe that's me just being hopefull)!!:huh:

Hi just seen that your husband had done a qualification in painting and decorating, was it an aqf he done and who did he do it with?

Sorry to hijack your post!!

Thanks

I used an agent for the skills part (I'm a carpenter) I then did the state sponsorship and then the EOI myself in under 10 mins, it's really easy with explanatory notes all the way. I did the full application in about 45 mins and sat on it for a few days thinking it couldn't be that easy, after checking it a few times I finally sent it. We've been in Perth for 7 month now:wink:

Form 80 is easy too, it just asks the same questions that you've already answered a million times previously. The hard part is the question that asks you to state every country you've been to in the last 10 years, but not everyone gets asked for that.

Yes definitely the skills assessment is harder than the visa application. But the application can be nerve wracking too as it usually has a bigger financial cost attached to it.

Hi just seen that your husband had done a qualification in painting and decorating, was it an aqf he done and who did he do it with?

Sorry to hijack your post!!

Thanks

Hi, yes it was an aqf, he did it through skilling Australia as recommended by our agent. They were very helpful with him and it took around 3 months from start to getting certificate

Archived