309 Temporary spouse visa about to expire

shukar

I was granted 309 Temporary spouse visa in Feb 2013

and have been living in Australia since the grant (also had a baby here with my partner)

the 309 visa is about to expire now

which visa subcalass do it apply for now? and I have read that the department sends you a letter with the details and invites you to apply

I did not recieve any letter (I doubt that DIAC had my Australian address)

do I need to ring up DIAC and ask themt to send the letter or do I apply for the permanenet visa anyway?

and do we have to pay a hefty fee again?

Edited by shukar

and have been living in Australia since the grant (also had a baby here with my partner)

which visa subcalass do it apply for now? and I have read that the department sends you a letter with the details and invites you to apply

do I need to ring up DIAC and ask themt to send the letter or do I apply for the permanenet visa anyway?

Hi, theres no more to pay its one price but a 2 stage process. You should have been either emailed or written too or theres a message on your immi account. Dont delay in contacting them otherwise you will not have a valid visa to stay.

Best Regards

Shukar - start here. You can apply for your Permanent Residency (100) online. https://www.immi.gov.au/contacts/forms/partner/ As stated above, there is no additional cost. You will also not have to provide medicals this time around. If you have only lived in Australia since grant of the 309, you will only need to provide a police check from Australia. If you've lived anywhere else for 12 months or more during this time period, you'll need a police check from there as well.

When you're on the Temp Spouse Visa its your responsibiity to keep DIBP informed of your current address. They should ask you for the PR information about two months before the two year anniversary of when you applied for the visa originally (thats applied, not granted!) so you shuld have heard from them ages ago.

The 309 generally does not expire until a decision is made on the permanent visa, but you need to get in touch with them and give them your address etc asap.